Feedback on audio recording (7 Relative Pronouns)

Hi,

How do you like the audio version of 7 Relative Pronouns?

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: How to book a hotel room[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten,

Though I knew about all the words in the recording (relative pronouns), I hardly understood the audio text. Maybe the recording is a little too fast for me, but I think it’s my problem in audio understanding. :cry:

Best regards,
Diana

Dear Torsten,

Please be so kind and tell me if in the sentenece “My father, who was always making fun of Aunt Enid, made some remark to the …”

is it correct some remark instead of remarks or it is a mistake?
Regards,
Diana

hi

the audio sounds very good for learners with stress where necessary. She has some accent but clear pronunciation.

It is very learning centered as in teaching/lecturing as opposed to authentic or emotive language.

Good for anyone who wants very deliberate learning through listening, good for lower level learners.

Hi Diana,

You could use either. You could also say ‘comment’ or ‘comments’. In this construction: made some remark to the effect that …I believe the singular is more common because it doesn’t exactly refer to a group if remarks.

Alan

Thank you Alan and A Happy New Year!
Diana

hello , I have written some of words, might i send it for correction? many thanks

I LOVE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERY MUCH AND I CAN NOT IMAGINE THE WORLD WITHOUT IT, I AM THANKFUL

Hello torsten, there are 150 prepositions in english language so can i get it ? many thanks

I was worry about the relative pronouns but now i am not. many thanks

Hi Torsten…
I really enjoyed the story as it is funny and rich with new phrases.But,when i listened to its audio;i realised that it was read too fast eventhough it is understandable.

Best wishes

Özge.

Hello Alan,
A cheerful good evening to you. Please solve my query:

Sentence Relative
Compare:
“He showed me a photo that upset me.”
“He tore up the photo, which upset me.”

Let me know the difference please. I shall be very thankful to you.

Sonia*

Hello Alan,

I am trying hard to learn the proper uses of “Relative Pronouns”, But I have got some questions. Please remove my confusion.
What
Compare:
“I gave her the money that she needed.”
“I gave her what she wanted.”
Please tell me the difference between the two. Thanks a lot Teacher.

Sonia*

Hi Toretsan
It is difficult for me to know the meanings of idioms, like in the text it says :from boo to goose: please can you tell me the meaning of this pharase.
Thanking you
Humayun.

Dear Friends,
I am very happy to find this site. I think it’s “génial”!

I’m from Iran but I studied in France and now I’m back to Iran. When I was in university I had studied english as a forigne language but I think I have a lot to learn.

Tell me who can I know which my real level in this language and what I must do to improve my English.

It’s important for my job (I’m a civil engineer). I thank you forward for your help.

Shahboraz

When Itry to listen to the relative pronouns story, all I can find is someone reading the grammar notes.How do I find the story itself?

Redfox

Simply click on the next page button: english-test.net/lessons/22/index.html[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Installing stone blocks[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi, everybody
I believe, it is a very nice lesson. I polished up my rusty skill in grammars

Hi
would you please explain me the diffrence between defining and non-defining relative pronouns?
The recording was excellent although I have to concentarte enhtirely to understand it well

Many thanks for everything

Hi, Mahsash
Thank you for paying me this compliment. By listening to radios and practice speaking a lot, you can improve your speaking skill. Regarding to your question about defining and non-defining relative pronouns, I found this information on a website its name is Purdue Online Writing Lap and I just copied and pasted the difference between them and here it is the answer “Non-defining relative clauses (also known as non-restrictive, or parenthetical, clauses) provide some additional information which is not essential and may be omitted without affecting the contents of the sentence. All relative pronouns EXCEPT “that” can be used in non-defining clauses; however, the pronouns MAY NOT be omitted. Non-defining clauses ARE separated by commas”