Fairly impersonal as I find this work, actually

Man: Hospital has many sick people who are there to be cured
of their illnesses. It’s usually very big and fairly impersonal as I find this work, actually.

(fairly impersonal as I find this work, actually) ← this section of dialogue “original text”

I think this section of dialogue (text) is incorrect.

please correct it. :two_hearts:

Thank you

Video link:
Normal speed: https://streamlala.com/tq1cr
Slow motion: https://streamlala.com/mF0l2

1 Like

This is incorrect and confusing. I’m not entirely sure what he was trying to say. Here are a few alternatives that are less confusing.

I find the work to be impersonal in such a large hospital.

Due to the size of the hospital, I find the work to be impersonal [ or dissatisfying ].

Hospitals are usually very large and impersonal. I find this negatively affects my work.

I find that I don’t get the satisfaction of helping people due to the large and impersonal nature of large hospitals.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, NearlyNapping

So the original text is correct but It doesn’t make sense.

I have one more question:
What does " impersonal" mean in this dialogue?
Does it mean “cold”?

1 Like

No the original text is NOT correct. “As I find this work” does not tie in with the rest of the sentence.

Impersonal means he does not feel any kind of emotional connection to the work or people. Yes it might mean cold, but not necessarily. They have slightly different meanings, but some people may use them interchangeably. Cold is usually overt and maybe even rude. Impersonal is more likely to be an internal feeling.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, NearlyNapping, Torsten.

1 Like

I hear it a little differently. The slow version helps.
“It’s usually big and fairly impersonal, I find. I used to work in one actually.
He’s not particularly clear on his separation of thoughts, but he’s being interviewed on a busy city street. I’d cut him some slack.

This reminds me of.a favorite movie quote:

Rumack: You’d better tell the Captain we’ve got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It’s a big building with patients, but that’s not important right now.

• Airplane!
2 Likes

Thank you so much, Arinker
Very good.

These are online video to text results:
-Fairly impersonal. As I finally used to working one, actually.
-Fairly impersonal as I finally used to working with actually.
-Fairly impersonal as I find this to work working one, actually.

But the results is not accurate.

2 Likes