Essay: which is more important, studying at school or to relate with people?

Topic: Some people think studying well at school is most important , others think it is more important to relate well with other people. Which one do you agree ? Use specific reasons and examples to suppor your reason.

In my opinion, studying well at school and relating well with other people are both important, for they are two essential ways to make a living as well as to achieve one’s fulfillment. It’s really a controversial issue that which is more important. The answer would change as the period and circumstances change.

For one thing, studying in school is the very important approach to get basic knowledge and skills, as well as the basic sense of human values and social responsibility. This is a quickly changing world with swiftly developing science, technology and information. Every citizen needs to adjust himself to the surroundings as soon as possible mainly by studying in school. That’s also the reason why every nation in this planet are doing their best to popularize compulsory education. There are one thing worthy to mention more that a student in school should pay more attention and energy to his study, for the opportunity to get systematical knowledge is rare.

Besides, to relate well with others is a crucial lesson people must learn in order to fit in this world. We humankind is a wonderful social animal. The primary yet important abilities our ancestors developed such as communication and cooperation made us what we are now. And the connection and interaction between individuals in nearly every aspects keep us still the dominators of the earth for thousands of years. The people who’s already amid the labor force would learn more about the importance of this ability comprehensively. So, I think we must try to acquire this ability, to relate well with other people, as long as we have time and chance.

All in all, I think the two ways are both important. If I have to tell which is more important, I would choose the later one. Since from the historical horizon, without close connection and efficient cooperation human should have been extinct already. In addition, communication and good relationship with others make us more available and efficient to get learnt of latest news and knowledge.

total: 40 minutes ; 340 words

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Animal Behaviour

Hello Naiverock! This is a very good essay. I think that the way you expose your ideas will contribute for a good result. Are you studing English for a certain purpose?

Hi, Tomasito,
Thank you for reading my essay.
I am preparing for TOEFL test on 14th Nov, next week.

俄。。作文写得哈好。。看得我下礼拜都不敢考了。。你觉得有什么需要背的么??作文你是怎么复习大??

… reticence …

Moderators and friends here will help you correct your essays and share you some precious suggestions. Just keep writing and make fiends with them. You will also improve your writing skills.
Wish you luck.

Is that the meaning of wu yu…hahaaa

Good luck!!!

exactly.
Keep your excitement and curiosity. That’s good.

Ok, you win. You are the queen of reticence.

Actually I wrote something…I’m green…er…
I said, it’s sound you are really old…

old?
I don’t like to be old, though I am older than you.

nope…
I mean…your suggestion make you sounds old…haha…
are u in msn?

I want to be old though I’m younger than you. :slight_smile:

Big world, different people, different opinions.
My psychological ago is still young…

I’d like to think like an old man, to have lot of knowledge. Sometimes knowledge is more important than intelligence.

Hello,

I wish I could write that good. The way you explain yourself in English language is wonderful. I did understand everything because the ideas are very organize and the sentences are perfect to me. Could you give me tips about who I can improve my writing skills, please?

Thank you,
Elliott

Hello Elliot!
I guess your question is directed to Naiverock. I also think that he writes very well. If you want to develop your writing skills you should write essays. Writing essays is one of the best ways to develop writing skills I’ve known. Do it my friend, and as soon as possible you will see the overcome.

Hello,

Thank you for your tip. When I write essays I feel like I doing everything right. Then I go over the essay and I start to think about all the rules I have to apply…anyway I think I have a lot of problems. But thank you for your help.

Elliott

When you are writing an essay forget all the rules and just write what goes on in your mind.