Essay toefl avocado

PLZ DO EVALUATE MY ESSAY

Both the reading passage and the lecture discuss about Avocado. The reading passage says that Avocado has more benefits other than used as oil. The lecturer opposes each of the points mentioned in reading by saying that those reasons are not convincing.

First and foremost, the reading claims that Avocado has phytonutrients and folic acid that help to reduce the blood pressure. According to the article, it has around twenty vitamines and minerals. The professor, however, refutes this point by saying that Avocado do help to lower the blood pressure but it is loaded with fat those contains healthy and harmful both type of fat. He mentioned that one Avocado contains twenty grams of fat which equivalent to threehundread grams of calories. Moreover, increase in a weight leads to high blood pressure.

Secondly, the aticle posits that Avocados are good for pregnant lady as it is rich in folic acid which helps to lower the blood pressure along with reducing the risk of miscarriage and neural tube defect in fetus. Whereas, the lecturer suggests that Avocados should avoided in pregnant and lactating lady as Avocado reduces the milk production and adversaly affect mammory gland. He goes on to say that child’s digestive system is too weak for Avocado to process.

Lastly, it has been mentioned in the reading that Avocado, simulate the meat flavor so eating it gives similar taste of meat and that is in a cheaper way. The professor disagreees with this statement by saying that Avocado is actually an expensive fruit compare to other fruits. Not only that, growing Avocado is also costly as it required more gallons of water whereas in meat that is not the case. He points out that eating Avocado is an unreasonable choice.

2 Likes

but it is loaded with fat those contains healthy and harmful both type of fat. <<<<This clause isn’t clear. I would write it this way…but it is loaded with both healthy and harmful fats.

hundred is misspelled. I think it’s a typo…hundred

‘increase in weight’ not ‘increase in a weight’

Secondly, the article states that avocados …rich in folic acids

should be avoided by pregnant and lactating women

adversely

Lastly, some people think that avocado tastes like meat and some people choose to eat avocado instead of meat because it is the cheaper option.

as it requires more water to grow avocado than to grow animals for meat.

Why do you write the first letter of ‘avocado’ in capitals?

2 Likes

Hello David,

Thank you so much for the evaluation. Highly appreciate…

I wrote Avocado with first letter capital because it is noun and noun should write with capital first letter…Isn’t it?

If you want to rate this essay out 5, then what score could I get ?

2 Likes

Bansari, nouns should never start with a capital letter unless they are the first word in a sentence. Only proper nouns should always start with a capital letter. You made several mistakes which you could have easily avoided. When you finish your writing you should always check it before posting it. I would give you 3 out of 5 but in my opinion you should ask one of the English experts who run this website as they are more qualified than me.

3 Likes

Okay, got you…
Thank you so much for pointing out that…

1 Like

I pretty much agree with your assessment and would like to thank you for your support, David :+1:

@Bansari Please find an amended version of your essay below:

Both the reading passage and the lecture discuss avocado. The reading passage says that avocado has more benefits than just being used as oil. The lecturer contradicts each of the points made in the reading by saying that these reasons are not convincing.

First and foremost, the reading claims that avocado contains phytonutrients and folic acid that help lower blood pressure. According to the article, it has about twenty vitamins and minerals. However, the professor refutes this point by saying that avocado does help lower blood pressure, but it is loaded with fat, which includes both healthy and harmful types of fat. He mentioned that one avocado contains twenty grams of fat, which is equivalent to twenty-three grams of calories. Moreover, weight gain leads to high blood pressure.

Secondly, the article claims that avocados are good for pregnant women because they are rich in folic acid, which helps to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of miscarriage and neural tube defects in the fetus. On the other hand, the lecturer suggests that avocados should be avoided in pregnant and lactating women because avocados reduce milk production and negatively affect the mammary glands. He further states that the child’s digestive system is too weak to process avocado.

Finally, the reading mentioned that avocado simulates the taste of meat, so eating avocado gives a similar taste of meat, and in a cheaper way. The professor contradicts this statement by saying that avocado is actually an expensive fruit compared to other fruits. Not only that, growing avocado is costly because it requires more gallons of water, while meat does not. He points out that eating avocado is an unwise choice.

3 Likes