Essay: Sometimes an event that seems to be going badly turns out well after all.

This is my answer to one of the writing topics. Question says :Sometimes an event that seems to be going badly turns out well after all. discuss such an event in your life, using specific details to support your response.

My response (I hope, you guys can enlighten me on my weaknesses, and thank you in advance!)

One should never underestimate the power of faith in one’s life. One of the most disturbing yet beautiful events that have taken place in my life so far is my sister’s wedding.
A wedding, you would say, that has to be the most exquisite time in your sister’s life! Well, it surely was, but not so quickly, let me explain to you what happened exactly that day.
It started out as any other summer day, quite sunny and a little bit breezy but not too much, nothing that could ruin a wedding, climatically saying, the weather was all with us that day.
The thing is, we had it all prepared in my grandparents farm, the guests were all present, seated, getting comfortable with each other, soon, everyone, including us started to worry, where was the groom?
We were all getting nervous, shooting awkward glances at each other, my sister was on the verge of breaking down, my parents were furious but did not want to make it harder for her, so they tried to regain their calm as much as possible, for the sake of appearances at the least.
We waited for two hours before declaring it a lost cause, so we apologized to the guests for the inconvenience it may have caused them, we stored the food in the freezer, and we wore back our casual outfits. My sister was plain sobbing by then, imploring God and all the saints she could recall as to why she had to be so humiliated on her big day.
As we were trying to comfort her as much as possible on our way out of the house, a car suddenly stopped by us, and a haggard looking fiancé of her stepped out of it! We were taken aback by his looks, his clothes were covered in mud, and he was heavily sweating to say the least.
He explained to us that his car broke down in the middle of the road, and he was left with no phone connection whatsoever. He tried to turn it on again, but with no success, so he had to wait for the next passing car to give him a lift. And it happened to be a farmer’s pick up!
My sister started crying even more, but we all knew by then they were tears of joy this time.
The wedding was rescheduled for the next day, and it all went heavenly well.
So, I guess that’s why, one should never be too quick to make judgments or give up, because life is all about twists and turns, and one never knows for sure where it may lead him or her.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Fine Arts

This is my answer to one of the writing topics. Question says :Sometimes an event that seems to be going badly turns out well after all. discuss such an event in your life, using specific details to support your response.

My response (I hope, you guys can enlighten me on my weaknesses, and thank you in advance!)

One should never underestimate the power of faith in one’s life. One of the most disturbing yet beautiful events that have taken place in my life so far WAS my sister’s wedding.
A wedding, you would say, that has to be the most exquisite time in your sister’s life! Well, it surely was, but not so quickly EXQUISITE IN THIS CASE(.) Let me explain to you what happened exactly that day.

It started out as any other summer day, quite sunny and a little bit breezy but not too much, nothing that could ruin a wedding, climatically saying, the weather was all with us that day.
The thing is, we had it all prepared in my grandparents farm, the guests were all present, seated, getting comfortable with each other, soon, everyone, including us started to worry, where was the groom?
We were all getting nervous, shooting awkward glances at each other(.) My sister was on the verge of breaking down, my parents were furious but did not want to make it harder for her, so they tried to regain their calm as much as possible for the sake of appearances at the least.
We waited for two hours before declaring it a lost cause, so we apologized to the guests for the inconvenience it may have caused them, we stored the food in the freezer, and we wore back PUT BACK ON our casual outfits. My sister was plain sobbing by then, imploring God and all the saints she could recall as to why she had to be so humiliated on her big day.
As we were trying to comfort her as much as possible on our way out of the house, a car suddenly stopped by ABREAST OF us, and HER haggard looking fiancé of her stepped out of it! We were taken aback by his looks, his clothes were covered in mud, and he was sweating heavily to say the least.
He explained to us that his car HAD brokeN down in the middle of the road and he was left with no phone connection whatsoever. He tried to turn it on START THE CAR again but with no success, so he had to wait for the next passing car to give him a lift. And i It happened to be a farmer’s pick up!
My sister started crying even more, but we all knew by then they THAT THESE were tears of joy this time.
The wedding was rescheduled for the next day, and it all went heavenly well.
So, I guess THAT IS why one should never be too quick to make judgements or give up, because life is all about twists and turns, and one never knows for sure where it may lead ONE.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Hannahkat. An amusing and entertaining tale. Thank you.

Kitos. 8/10

Thanks a LOT!!!

I liked your essay it was really entertaining.