essay: Flat share vs dormitory

Hello again. I felt that this topic is more difficult for me, that’s why I choose it. I’m trying to follow your advice, Kitos. Can you please check if it works for me. I feel that my vocabulary is very poor, but I’m currently not improving it intentionay, because I think that it is impossible to do that in 5 days. What do you think?

Flat share VS dormitory.

Nowadays many young people choose to study in a university or college that is located far away from their home. Every one of them has different reason for going so far: sometimes they want to be away from parents and to feel “freedom”, sometimes they want to go to a better, more valuable college or they just don’t have any colleges in their area. Anyway, going far from home means for young people that they have to live in a dormitory or to rent a flat or, very often, to share a flat.

First of all, there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages in choosing to live in a dormitory. Dormitory is the cheapest one of all the choices, so people with low income prefer to stay there. People in a dormitory have an active way of life, so individual, that decides to stay there has to acknowledge that he will be in the center of news whenever he wants it or not. People that live in dormitory have to accept dormitory’s rules such as: to keep rooms clean, no smoking, not to make noise after certain hour, no friends allowed without permission and many more. A person that is living in a dormitory has to understand that even if he follows the rules, there are some people around that don’t know how to behave, they make noise, even at night, they make mess around and they may be rude and you can’t do nothing about it, only stay calm and try to concentrate on studies even if it is a lot of noise around, get excellent scores at the final exam, get a good job and get out of that hell as soon as possible.

Another opportunity is to rent an apartment sharing it with one or two neighbours. Sharing gives a chance to split rent to two or even three people, that saves money, but the quality of the room and life style is much better than in a dormitory. Sometimes it is preferable way of living and it is also affordable for students. Advantages the choice is that you have less neighbours and less noise, less rules, so you can feel more freedom, you can also choose your neighbours. It is preferable to rent an apartment with friends, then with unknown people, because it is always easier to solve any possible problems and disagreements with them, than with strangers.

The third opportunity, and an expensive one, is to rent an apartment alone. It cost a lot of money, but it also gives a lot of opportunities, such as unlimited quiet time for studying and so on.

In conclusion, every person has to decide individually what choice is better. The final decision will be made based on the income, personality and wants. And whatever you choose, you should be proud of yourself and happy.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which of the following is true of biological indicators?

Hello again. I felt that this topic is more difficult for me, that’s why I choose it. I’m trying to follow your advice, Kitos. Can you please check if it works for me. I feel that my vocabulary is very poor, but I’m currently not improving it intentionaly, because I think that it is impossible to do that in 5 days. What do you think?

Flat share VS dormitory.

Nowadays many young people choose to study in a university or college that is located far away from their homeS. Every one of them has A different reason for going so far: sometimes they want to be away from parents and to feel “freedom”, sometimes they want to go to a better, more REPUTABLE college or they just don’t have any colleges in their area. Anyway, going far from home means for young people that they have to live in a dormitory or to rent a flat or, very often, to share a flat.

First of all, there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages in choosing to live in a dormitory. A dormitory is the cheapest one of all the choices, so people with low incomeS prefer to stay there. People in a dormitory have an active way of life, so AN individual WHO decides to stay there has to acknowledge that he will be in the center of news wheTHER he wants it or not. People that live in A dormitory have to accept THE dormitory’s rules such as: to keep THE rooms clean, no smoking, not to make A noise after A certain hour, no friends allowed without permission and many more.

////A person that is living in a dormitory has to understand that even if he follows the rules, there are some people around that don’t know how to behave, they make noise, even at night, they make mess around, and they may be rude and you can’t do nothing about it, only stay calm and try to concentrate on studies even if it is a lot of noise around, get excellent scores at the final exam, get a good job and get out of that hell as soon as possible.//// THIS IS FAR TOO LONG A SENTENCE:

Another opportunity is to rent an apartment(,) sharing it with one or two neighbours. Sharing gives a chance to split THE BETWEEN rent two or even three people(.) That saves money, but the quality of the room and life style is much better than in a dormitory. Sometimes it is preferable way of living and it is also affordable for students. THE advantages OF THIS choice is that you have less neighbours and less noise, less rules, so you can feel more freedom, you can also choose your neighbours. It is FAR preferable to rent an apartment with friends, thAn with unknown people, because it is always easier to solve any possible problems and disagreements with them, RATHER than with strangers.

The third opportunity, and an expensive one, is to rent an apartment alone. It costS a lot of money, but it also gives a lot of opportunities, such as unlimited quiet time for studying and so on.

In conclusion, every person has to decide individually what choice is better. The final decision will be made based on the income, personality and wants. And whatever you choose, you should be proud of yourself and happy.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nothing wrong with that essay Victoria. Well done.

Kitos. 8/10

Thank you so much, Kitos for supporting me. I had a problem with articlels again:-)). Any ideas how I can improve that?

Good morning Victoria. In English there are only three articles.
One definite … THE.
Two indefinite … A and AN.

By reading essays from our more resident students you will see many examples of their usage, conversely you will find a good explanation in Alan’s teachings on the Home Page.

Kitos.