Esperanto

Is there anyone here being a teacher of esperanto? I’d like to know more about it and learn it as much as possible.

Hello VM,

I wonder why you’d like to study Esperanto. There are so many beautiful languages in this world!

Detlef

I used to be able to right very well in Esperanto, according to people who were experts at the language.

If you want to learn Esperanto, you really don’t need a teacher, because it’s easy to teach it to yourself.

Among users of Esperanto, there is a larger percentage of crazy people than there is in the general population. Many of them believe that if the world shares a common language, there will be no more war. This is stupid, because history is full of Greeks going to war with Greeks, Arabs going to war with Arabs, Germans going to war with Germans, Japanese going to war with Japanese, Vietnamese going to war with Vietnamese, Chinese going to war with Chinese, and even Americans going to war with Americans. Nonetheless, some very intelligent people still believe in this fallacy.

However, if you make a friend through an Esperanto organization, you’re guaranteed that he is intelligent (even though he might or might not be crazy), because he was able to learn another language.

And as Detlef says, the world is full of beautiful languages. Esperanto, as an artificial language, lacks the beauty of a natural language, in my opinion.

Yes I know. But to some extent, it’s a mixture of some beautiful languages. I’d like to learn it just because I love linguistics. Furthermore, I also want to learn the language that its people have an interesting saying Hakuna Matata. Well, you both have mentioned about teaching this language myself. So where should I find instruction books and documents?

IMO, a beauty often doest not double but lose her own in mixing with another artificially.

I often see you type IMO. What does it mean?

In My Opinion. BTW, do you really see me type? :slight_smile:

Of course no. What do you suggest I should say? Write?

I would say: “Of course not.”, and “I often see “IMO” in your writing.” :slight_smile:

Of course no. It’s of course no not of course not as we say NO I’m not…lol.

Dear VW,

If you really want to study Esperanto, and you’re searching for a grammar book about this artificial language, try www.amazon.com and simply type in ‘Esperanto’. Good luck

Detlef