Erschließungsgebühren in English?

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for an English equivalent to the German term “Erschließungsgebühren”. This word refers to all the costs and fees you have to pay to connect a new house to the infrastructure (water/electricity/telephone/TV). Is there such a term in English?

Many thanks,

TOEIC short conversations: A couple discuss how to cut their expenses.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

I’d suggest ‘connection fees’.

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for your immediate response.

TOEIC short conversations: Scheduling an appointment.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Or “utility connection fees”.

Hi, Jamie,

“Utility connection fees” might be even better since “connection fees” can also refer to phone connection costs.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A customer complains about bad service[YSaerTTEW443543]

The phone is considered a utility.