Enjoy your money when you earn it or save your money for some time in the future?

Financial management is an essential ability for everyone, no matter how much the income is. In order to live a good life, we need to learn how to spend our money efficiently to be able to enjoy our future as well as our present . I believe money is not just for being deposited in the bank. We should use it for our essential needs and live a happy life. But I do not support the idea of spending money extravagantly. Because we need to think about future too, and with larger amount of money we will have several choices for spending it. Therefore, In general, I agree with the statement according to which it is better to save money for some time in the future.

First and foremost, we can not predict the future. For example, economic situation may change suddenly and it is possible we lose our job. If we do not have any saving, soon we will encounter fundamental problems even for our very basic needs, such as food and accommodation. Even if any financial crisis will not happen, it is possible we face a problem which requires a lot of money. For example, we may realize we have a serious health issue that requires an expensive treatment like a surgery. A promising future also means you can support your children better. For example paying their university tuition or a giving them a financial help if they want to start a business or get married.

Second, saving money allows you to use it better. If you do not spend your money wisely, you will never be able to buy your dream house or car and you can not progress economically. Undoubtedly, if we manage to save our money reasonably, we can use it in a more exclusive way and possibly fulfill some of our dreams. We can travel to farther places and purchase luxury goods. We can investigate it in the program we like, or we can simply deposit it in the bank and benefit from the interest rate.

To sum up, drawing a conclusion base on the aforementioned ideas, I should state that even if you inherit millions of dollars, you will soon lose it if you do not have a plan for spending it. Therefore it is better to keep a balance in our spending . Neither merely saving or merely spending is a good way. We should enjoy our money in a wise manner depending on our income. A good saving will secure our future and allows us a wider choice in our spending.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and a professor in the professor’s office

1 Like

Hi Mandana, another excellent essay. Your vocabulary seemed pretty good in this one and your ideas were very convincing. I was able to find a few errors and some changes I would make. Overall, I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5.

1 Like