English word of the French word "h?te"

Hello, is someone know the most accurate english word of the french word “h?te” like “avoir h?te”? Online translators says “being in a hurry” or something which means “? la h?te”, but “avoir h?te” means being exciting about an upcoming event or date and I can’t figure out the english word!

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English, it’s not my first language!

-lajaimonvoyage

If you “avoir h?te” because of something upcoming that you’re really excited about doing, maybe you should just say “can’t wait” in English.

Thank you Yankee, I thought there was an equivalent word in English.

-lajaimonvoyage

Hi lajaimonvoyage

Saying “can’t wait” or “can hardly wait” could be used as equivalent expressions in English in a case such as you described.

Equivalent expressions are not necessarily direct translations. Were you looking for some other expression which actually uses the word “haste” or “hurry”? I suppose “be in a hurry/rush (to do something)” might be used, but it really doesn’t fit what you described very well – as you yourself mentioned in your first post. The words “hasten” and “hasty” don’t work either.

I suppose the expression “look forward to doing something” could also be used, but, again, I think “can’t wait” fits what you described better.