English trainers wanted: Nordhausen January 17 through April 8 2011

Hi Claudia,
“Brevity is the soul of wit” - as English people say.
We are in an English course and we set our priorities in short, but exact answers, not long sentences … :wink:
And by the way - we hold the title “Winner” or “Champions” since the 6th April 2010 !!!

So, I hope you can take a joke … :wink:
BR
Wolfgang - by order of the winner group in Nordhausen

Hello friends from ETeam!
Thank you very much for your many questions about Eilenburg. I never was in Eilenburg. When we can help you to know about Eilenburg more,we want to do!
7. How many inhabitants does Eilenburg have? Eilenburg have 17.072 inhabitants! But it is all together. I mean include foreigners
8. Eilenburg have 8.686 female and 8.386 male inhabitants.
9.The postcode of Eilenburg is 04838.
10.The telephone code of Eilenburg is 03423.

Dear friends,
So you know, what we have did last week:

• revised the grammar tense simple present, present continuous, simple past
  • also we learnt the past continuous on Friday with Lydia
  • the regular and irregular verbs
  • we began an challenge about a business trip to London
  • we created an questionnaire about Eilenburg
  • we have fun with games like “ I packed my suitcase and I put in:” – this is good for the concentration and to chose a or an

See you soon! ETeam

Hello A-Team,:slight_smile:

good morning .

This are the answers 1-10.

1. Eilenburg is in the southwestern edge of the wildlife park “Duebener Heide”.
  2. E. is 46,84 km2.
  3. E. is in the north of Saxony.
  4. E. was established on 29. July in 961 in a document by Otto I.
  5. The nick-name is " Embrica decora" or “blessed lard pit”.
  6. The regional name is also " Ottostadt".
  7. E. has 16777 inhabitants.
  8. 8520 of them are female and 8385 of them are male.
  9. The postcode is 04838.
  10. The telephone area code is 03423.

and our answer of your question is EDITHA…

P.S. The other answers will come from Team B and C

Best regards

Team 007

Hello from Magdeburg!

we want to share the “Eisbein, Erbspürree und Kraut” recipe with you.

In Magdeburg we call this dish “Bötel mit Lehm und Stroh”.

The main ingredients for this dish are:
potatoes
Sauerkraut
yellow peas
onions
2 laurel leafs
pimento
salt
ham hock
Boil the ham hock in water for about 3 hours. Add salt, onions, 2 laurel leafs and pimento.

Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes or sauerkraut.

Enjoy your meal!

The magdeburg team

here the remaining responses from Magdeburg

1. Eilenburg license plates start with TDO.
  2. The mayor of Eilenburg is Hubertus Wacker.
  3. Eilenburg has 3 districts. The names are: Eilenburg-Berg, Eilenburg-Mitte and Eilenburg-Ost.
  4. The name derives from the Old Slavonic Jil-or Ilburg.
  5. Sights in Eilenburg for example are: animal park, “Sorbenturm”, “Muldeauenlandschaft” and “Nikolaikirche”
  6. The most famous company is the Swedish-Finnish group, Stora Enso. They produce paper.
  7. Yes. “Josef-Dotzauer-Sprungschanze” am Lehmberg
  8. They have 5 twin cities. ( for example : Butzbach in Hessen, Rawicz in Poland)
  9. The name of the wildlife park is " Duebener Heide".
  10. The name of the river is Mulde.
  11. Eilenburg was destroyed by the flood.
  12. 90% of the city was destroyed.
  13. Eilenburg celebrates every June the “Stadtfest”.
  14. The Mulde Valley Hiking Park is 12 hectares.
  15. It was football.
  16. Martin Luther and Martin Rinckart were born in Eilenburg.
  17. The historical classroom is from the 1920s.
  18. The war was in Eilenburg from 1914-1918.
  19. In 1872 was opened railway route between Halle-Cottbus.
  20. Eilenburg was hit hard by flood in 2002 .

Here the answers about your city from the ETeam:

1. Nordhausen is a city at the southern edge of the Harz Mountains.
  2. The city Nordhausen is located in north of Thuringia.
  3. Nordhausen is 185 m above the sea level.
  4. Your city has 44.127 inhabitants.
  5. The License Plate is NHD.
  6. The ZIP code is 99734
  7. Important buildings are the Cathedral of Holly Cross, the North fire distillery,
    the Roland, Mittelbau –Dora concentration camp memorial, city hall, the Zwinger and the orphanage.
  8. The Twin cities of Nordhausen are Beit Shemesh, Charleville-Mezieres, Bochum, Ostrow Wielkopolski,
  9. What are you meaning???
  10. The city council have 36 members in Nordhausen.
  11. Sine October 2010 is Nordhausen
  12. 8800 people death in the 2nd Word War.
  13. If 4 fluid oz are 120 ml, than you have circa 6 stampers in a bottle.

We are the Winner! We answered all questions!
The ETeam

Hi everybody,
Torsten has asked us for a favour to write a short summary about the content of our English lessons in the last five weeks. And when I was a joker it would be only one sentence interrupted by commas:
Daily we start at 7:30 am, have a warm up phase, have a breakfast break, when we are on working temperature, prepare to the ciggy break we have at 11 am, discuss about our daily experiences, for example: ‘Are you satisfied with the quality and the temperature of the coffee’ or ‘Are you also keen on ciggies with mint flavour’ and other important questions, then at noon lunch break, unfortunately three course meals not every day, between the lunch break and the coffee break (at 2 pm) we enjoy the daily nap supported with a small glass of grappa or whisky or alcoholic liquor or so, and after the coffee break we repeat the topics of the day. In a word: a hard job …
So, I think the other ones of our group are going to write more serious. In this sense - have fun and enjoy the day. We are looking forward to the following weeks in this course.
Bye, bye for now
Wolfgang

P.S. … By the way, a little joke can show you the level and the results of our lerning, skills and abilities in the using of the English language, too … :-))

Hi Wolfgang,

Unfortunately your ‘joke’ makes it more difficult to read your text. Full stops are used for a purpose. :wink:
Life sounds so difficult for you on this course… all those enforced breaks that they make you have - and then they also force you to eat! I’m surprised anyone sticks it out!

The phrase “when we are on working temperature” sounds very odd to me, though I think I know what you mean.
I would probably write
“Then we build up to a full working pace before cooling down in preparation for…”

Hello everybody,

Thank you very much for a lot of information about your groups. I’m very glad that I’m a member of the "Nordhäuser- English-Group. My important job is it to start every break on time. I’m the break manager from the group. Honestly, I take my work seriously. Who does this important job in your group?

Sorry now we are having a break and I want finished.

Bye, bye to the next break.

Hi Beeesneees,
thanks a lot for your message and your correction of my mistakes. But as you know it’s difficult to write and speak correct English if we all are beginners. And because I didn’t learn English at school I don’t know the rules of the English grammar, the right order when I have to set the words in the sentences and so on.
I write and speak “as my stomach says” - that’s a German proverb.
So, and in the end some questions:
Where do you live? I think you are a free lancer, because I very often got messages from you during the normal working hours or do you give these short answers during your lessons as language coach?
Questions upon questions … :wink:
BR
Wolfgang

Hello everbody,
We will want to learn more english practice, because we make thes for auer applikation. Today we have complited the question about for user performens, wenn we have a job interview.
we have 2 part
1 parts - is the candidate ( character and soft skills) for example I’m a good (excellent) team worker
2 parts - job-campany
*Who are you ?
*What have you done?
*How are your qualifications?
Thas are verry sendwiching for your self.

Hello Wolfgang,

Please don’t take my comments as criticism. I think you are all making excellent progress. I just want to help by giving you some more pointers.

I like in the UK and I work full time, so most of my posts are made before and after work or on weekends. However, holiday periods (such as the one I’m on this week) allow me to post at other times too.

Of course, a time difference between the countries may also make it appear as if I am posting in working time.

Good morning everyone. Today we are taking our first ‘full-length TOEIC test’ to gauge the level of our English. Here is the link: english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator1/

Good luck,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Loading a truck[YSaerTTEW443543]

here the response from Magdeburg

1. Thüringen
  2. South of Harz
    3.185m ü. NN
  3. 44127
  4. NDH
  5. 99734
  6. Thüringer Tor am Harz, Dom, Rathaus, Museum Flohberg etc.
    8.Bet Shemesh, Charleville Mezieres, Bochum, Ostrow
  7. 44127
  8. 36 members
  9. 16.10.2010
  10. 20000 died
  11. 6,3302

here is a fantasy short story about oskar kämmer school

in 2030 at the Oskar Kämmer school. Holenta comes with a cane and the teacher hits the pupils. Than the ambulance come in the claasroom. Holenta was arrested and the pupils mate a party. During the party Holenta break out from the prison and she would never be seen.
writen by Maike , Daniel and Philipp
Carpe diem

Good morning everyone, today we are reading the first chapter of ‘Greed Will Kill You’: english-test.net/esl/lesson- … ter_1.html[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A performer[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hallo everybody,
the last week was very difficult for us, because Torsten was here in Nordhausen for the “Italian Week”.

About Italy I don’t know much, but I know a lot of good meals.

But sometimes we learned too. On a more serious note: "for me it was very important to do the TOEIC-Test and to think and speak about yourself when you are having a job interview. Nobody before had somebody told or taught me, what is important in a job interview what structure you should follow. It was for me the best last week, but we want to learn more.

Also we must translate German-English and English German! Honestly it was difficult.
But now is weekend - very nice!

Bye to next week

Hello everyone

so the week is almost over …
and we have a short report …

• we started with simple present
  • we listened to the news every day on the BBC news and spoke about it
  • we answered your questions
  • we wrote the questions for you
  • we took the TOeIC test
  • we read a book
  • we spoke about a job interview parts 1-3
  • we said questions in simple past and answered them
  • we listened to many questions from the TOEIC test
  • we translated a text about a Chinese company from German into English
  • and last we talked a lot about your future plans

so we wish a nice weekend

we read us next week

bye and best regards
Jeniffer

Hello everybody,
at the end of this week I want to write a short summary about the contents of our lessons in this week which were very interesting and helpful to reach the goal of our course - the TOEIC certificate.

1. Prepositions
    We had to describe a picture and to explain what we could see, which position the persons and items had - for example the painting or the clock is ON the wall
    or which shape the items have - for eample the clock is SQUARE.
    This exercise was very interesting and exiting.

2. Dictation
    Dictations were a hard tasks for all of our members, especially for such participants who had not much practise in writing.

3. Translations
    Here we had to translate from German into English - terrible, but achievable.

4. A mock exam
    On Thursday we had a mock-test - in two hours 200 questions - in one word the complete TOIEC test

5. Job interview
    We developed the most important topics for an interview

• who I am
  • what can I do
  • what have I done
  • experiences
  • qualifications and other important topics

The elaboration of these points was very interesting and we had a few hours for every point.

1. Exercises in reading and translating
    Today - on Friday - we used a great part of the day for reading and writing. After finishing of a paragraph we repeated and gave a short summary.

… And now the most important part: We are waiting for the end of the today’s lesson.

Greetings to the other groups and we wish you a wonderful weekend and we are looking forward to the next week…:-)))
Bye-bye for now
Wolfgang