English trainers wanted: Nordhausen January 17 through April 8 2011

Hello Kathleen,

It´s very nice fom you to write us. In Nordhausen the sun has been shining the whole day. Today we learned a lot of new things and our teacher has found a nice interesting way to teach us. She organized some games with English vocabulary so we can learn and have fun in the same time.
How about you? Do you like Georgeta? We like her and maybe she will come back to visit us in Nordhausen.

Regards
Antje

1 Like

Hi everybody,
it’s very interesting to read about you and what you are doing. And Kathleen, are you pleased about the new member … ? … :wink:
If you have time please ask Georgeta what’s matter with my yesterday’s question. I’m waiting for her short essay about the conditions of her ‘pension’ or flat. And wether she is feeling good in this old town. Have you told her, that Magdeburg has the oldest Gothic cathedral in Germany? In this cathedral she can find the tomb of Otto 1st. Otto 1st was the son of Heinrich 1st, and the wife of Heinrich 1st lived some years in Nordhausen. Heinrich 1st donated her the old monastery in Nordhausen. And so there are several connections between Nordhausen and Magdeburg in ancient times.
As second you can ask Georgeta and Torsten that we want to meet you all in Magdeburg. There we can have a very interesting tour through the old town respectively the centre of Magdeburg. I know an old college friend who is working from time to time as an tour gide. If you are interested in I could connect your group with this friend. The question is that I don’t know whether she has such English skills, that she can guide you and desribe the sights in English…

So, I think now you have many suggestions and so I would be delighted by a reply as soon as possible.
Have a good time and best regards
Wolfgang

1 Like

Good morning Sabine,
i wish you an interesting day and i hope you learn many english vocabulary on this day.

Bye say Kathleen

1 Like

Hello Jenniffer,

thank you for your answer of my questions. My English is not very good. I hope you understand me.

The course start every morning at 8 o`clock. We have also a lot of fun with our teachers Torsten, Leon and Georgeta. She is our teacher for this week. Georgeta is a good teacher for us. We learn many things, but grammatik is not easy to learn for me.

Tomorrow the weather sun is shining.

I wish you a good night.

Best regards,

Kathleen

1 Like

Hello Antje,

thank you for her answer. Georgeta is a good teacher. We like Georgeta. She has always answer ouf qur questions. My English is very bad. Sorry.I hope after this course is my English a little bit better.

Have a nice day in Nordhausen.

Kathleen

1 Like

Hello Wolfgang ,

you have many questions.:slight_smile: My English is not so good. I try to answer.
Georgeta has no internet in your pension. The name of the "new " man is phillip. He is 24, also a young man. We told her that Magdeburg has a Dom. No more over this. Sorry. I hope so that she feels good in magdeburg. We are a merry group.

So I must my children to put to bed.

Good night Wolfgang

1 Like

Hi everybody,
at the begin of our today’s lesson we had a nice kind of learning collocations. We had to seperate the lines of the song “I’ll be watching you” by Sting. Maybe you want to have a little bit fun too, here the lyrics below:

Every breath you take
And every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Ill be watching you

Every single day
And every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
Ill be watching you

Oh, cant you see
You belong to me
Now my poor heart aches
With every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
Ill be watching you

Since youve gone, Ive been lost without a trace
I dream at night, I can only see your face
I look around but its you I cant replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby please

Oh, cant you see
You belong to me
Now my poor heart aches
Every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
Ill be watching you

Every move you make
Every step you take
Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
(Ill be watching you)

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
(Ill be watching you)

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
(Ill be watching you)

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
(Ill be watching you)

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
(Ill be watching you)

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night

And we here in Nordhausen also are watching you all the whole day… :wink:
Have nice lessons
Wolfgang

Good morning everyone, it’s great to see that our Magdeburg English learners have now joined the Nordhausen group – in a virtual sense at least. Please keep on exchanging ideas and successes. For example, each of you can post some information on their job hunting activities. Also, what kind of audio materials do you listen to when you are in your car, in public transport or at home fixing something to eat or doing the laundry? When an MP3 player you can listen to English almost any time. If you want to get more information on this technique, please google phrase ‘30/30 Challenge’.

As of now, we haven’t managed to get online here in Eilenburg but we are working on it and the plan is to join you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue asking and answering questions ;-).

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A trucking terminal[YSaerTTEW443543]

A big hello to the group from Magdeburg !

We are very happy when write us! Thank you. We hav many questions at the group.

• How many persons are in the course?
  • Where are come you from?
  • Why do you learn English?
  • Where does is the school in Magdeburg? for example: in centrum.between…,near the… or out side of Magdeburg!
    -Is in your school a cafeteria or a place where you can eat?

I hope you have fun if you write the answers

nice day and good luck
Jeniffer

Hello everyone

This day is very nice we do so many things ! At first we played a game about Subjects from occupations a person rewrite this and the other people have to guess!
Than we listen to a songtext and we must the lyrics ( the lyrics wars in pictures ) in the correct sequence ! It wars very funny !
And we talk about cake recipes! Martina and Antje go to a supermarket and sales the Ingredients and we begin with the bake !before we speak about ways of cooking
for example: - boil-grill-fry-bake-stir-mix-steam-brew-simmer-poach-plend-knead-beat-grate-mince…

I wish a nice weekend

Jeniffer

Hello Nordhausen and Magdeburg,

we are the Eilenburg English group, named ETeam. “ETeam” stands for English and Eilenburg. We are 12 women and 2 men. We are extremely motivated to learn English, because English is the world language and we need English in different jobs. Today we read that you are backing a cake. We would like to know the ingredients of the cake and what it tastes like. Also can you please send a picture of the cake so we can at least see it. Please tell us more about your course. When did you start and how long is it?
Most of us learned English at school and now we are refreshing our skills and we are sure that we soon will find new jobs. We enjoy playing “Hangman” and we even founded an international “Hangman club Eilenburg”. The director of the club is Wolfgang. If you want to join you must pass the hangman test. On March 15 we are visiting the BMW plant Leipzig and we hope that you will be there too. The tour will be in English.
Next week we are going to meet 3 native English speakers. Two from London and one from the United States - Scott, David and Thomas. The most important question is how are we communicate with them. We will keep you up to date so watch this space.
Speak to you soon next week – your ETeam

Hello Scott, David and Thomas,

Here is the schedule for next week:
Monday and Tuesday: Scott Graham
Wednesday and Thursday: David Rinderknecht
Friday: Thomas Beach

In addition to the Eteam’s report, here some information on what we have covered so far, please review all of these items:

• the personal pronouns and the BE verb
  • the possessive adjectives
  • the international alphabet (NAT0)
  • simple present and present progressive
  • the days of the week and the months

We also used two pictures of an LCCI EfB, Preliminary Level to describe what we see. In addition we listened to the first two recordings of ‘Business Basics’ and did the exercises. Furthermore, we completed some of the grammar exercises I’ve sent you via email. The group has only the materials I have sent you via email and we should not make any additional photo copies which is good because it helps the group to develop the habit of repeating new words before they see them in writing. Please have the group constantly pronounce new words before they see them. When they hear a new word they should ask ‘How do you spell it?’ and take it down rather than being handed photocopies.

Please print off the materials group has and use them when you working with the group. Next week you can also use the Internet so please help everyone register on the forum and complete the TOEIC listening exercises: english-test.net/toeic/liste … obahn.html

Also, please have the group post a short report here on the forum every day and help them communicate with the Nordhausen group as well the Magdeburg group.

Many thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: Big cranes

Hello ETeam :slight_smile:

Thank you for writing us ! Oh the cake was very good our teacher has a photo ( it comes a little bit later )!
We started in the morning at 7.30 am to 3 pm and you ? We are in the 5th week! our course have only 5 people 3 women and 2 mens is very funny in the group.
Yes I think we come with you at to BMW. And then we can speak English all the time !
I wish you a nice week with the new English teacher .

Best Regards

Jeniffer

Hello to all friends in Nordhausen and Magdeburg,

Thank you for your message. Our new week started very funny, because we have a new English teacher, named Scott. Scott comes from London and lives in Leipzig. He’s hoppies are power stilts and kite surfing. He’s very “cool” and funny. We start in the morning at 8 o’clock and finished at 3 in the afternoon. Today we ate donner kepab. We are in the second week from the English course.

We started the day with introductions and then we played hangman, because it is good to learn the alphabet. Next we practice the grammar form present progressive – the ing-form to show something happening the moment. Eg: We are sitting in the computer room.
We have more questions for you.
How many inhabitants live in Nordhausen/ Magdeburg? What is famous in Nordhausen/ Magdeburg ? Why are you learning English? How long is your English course?

We are looking forward to your answer.
Best regards the ETeam

Hello ETeam,
thank you for your message. How are you? Today we had some cake from Wolfgang´s birthday at the weekend. It was a cheese-cake and it
was very delicious. I think, we are not only here for learning English, but also for eating. Every day we have nice things to eat, We all will be
overweight when the course will be finished! I hope you have so much fun as we have.

Best wishes for today from Nordhausen

Antje

Hello ETeam

Thank you for so many questions. And here are the answers. Nordhausen has 44.127, Residents.
The Roland is the symbol from Nordhausen he is a big men and he stand in the middle of Nordhausen !
And we have a Concentration Camp Memorial - Dora, a little bit outside town this is very interesting when you come to Nordhausen you must see the Concentration Camp.
We have a Traditional distillery I think everyone knows it . For example they have Nordhäuser Doppel Korn, Morello, Sour Apple and Ice herbs and and and…
At last we have a cute Narrow gauge railway.
Our course finishes on 8th April exactly 12 weeks. And we learned English for the same reason as you .
So and now have I many questions for you!!

• How many inhabitants live in Eilenburg ? How many Hotels do you have ? Does Eilenburg have any Twin Cities ? How long is your course ? And the last one!Does one person write the text or do you write together?
    Thank you and a nice day with the new teacher :slight_smile:

best regards
Jeniffer

Hello everyone,

here’s an update on our amazing cakes. The standards have changed a little compared to the ones from the first week :slight_smile: Can anyone top this? We would sacrifice ourselves and try your cakes, too!

Hello Jenny, Antje and all friends in Nordhausen/Magdeburg,

Hows it going? We are great. We are answering your questions.
17.000 inhabitants live in Eilenburg, it’s quite small town. We don’t have hotels only B&B. The best pub in Eilenburg ist the Irish pub. We will go there after and get Scott drunk.
Our course is 8 weeks until the April fools day. It’s a group message. The cake looks very amazing. Non of us can top this.

Kind regard from ETeam

Hello everybody,
the lunch break is over and unfortunately we hadn’t any cake today, but a delicious dessert - yoghurt cream, raspberries topped with whipped cream. And now we have to continue with the hard work - our English lesson. At the beginning of our afternoon teaching unit we have listened to the following lyrics, recited by Christine:

Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody

This is a story about four people named Everbody, Somebody, Anybody
and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was
sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but
Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was
Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody
realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everbody
blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

As the next difficult task we have to organise a coffee machine in high quality, because we are missing an exellent espresso after lunch … :wink:
You see we are learning with fun and enjoying the lessons.
Bye, bye for now
Wolfgang

Hey Eteam,

Scott here, just want to wish you a fabtastic week with David

I hope you keep doing as well as you did with me on
Monday and Tuesday.

Don’t forget “it’s a piece of cake!”

See you next week

I’d like to say a big hello to Magdeburg and Nordhausen!

Catch you later

Scott “tiger-man” Graham