English trainers wanted: Nordhausen January 17 through April 8 2011

My favorite proverbs are :

-A friend in need is a friend indeed
-A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved.
-Forbearance is not acquittance
-Every Jack has his Jill.

When I was a child we lived in a house in a country. We were two girls. We had a big mountain garden and when my father came home we had a lot of things to do. We went to the garden and had to harvest some fruit and mow the lawn.
My Mum stayed at home and prepared the dinner for us. After dinner my Mum put us to bed. My sister told me some funny stories and her problems before we slept. We had a lot of fun.

When I (be) was a child life (be) was quite different . We (live) lived in small house in the country an we (have) had a big garden . We (spend) spent most of the time outside . My father (go) went to work every morning and Mum(stay) stayed at home .She (have to) had to look after us. We (be) were two boys and a girl . When Dad (come) came home he (take) took a shower first and then he (play) played with us. That (be) was always great fun. Our parents (insist on ) insisted on having dinner together.We (like) liked that. My mother (cook) cooked wonderful meals and my father often (tell) told funny stories. After that Mum (put) put us to bed and everybody (listen) listened to her brilliant good night stories . Those (be) were great times .

When I was a child life was quite different. We lived in a big flat in the city and we had a very big garden. We spent most of the time outside. My father went to work every morning and my mother stayed at home. She had to look after us. We were 3 boys and 3 girls.
When Dad came home he took a shower first and then he played with us. That was always great fun. Our parents insisted on having dinner together. We like that. My mother cooked wonderful meals and my father often told funny stories. After that Mum put us to bed and everybody listened to her brilliant good night stories. Those were great times.

Every time when I’m listening to the song “Poor Boy” by the Lords I think about my childhood…
I was born in the year 1949. When I was a child I lived in a small town near Nordhausen. My father worked as a post office clerk and my mother commuted every day, because she sold child’s shoes in a special shop in the town of Nordhausen. When I was 4 year old, my sister was born. Because I lived in this small town, we had a big garden, twenty chickens, twenty ducks, many rabbits and a goat. My father didn’t earn a lot of money, neither did my mother and therefore my parents fed us on the fruit and vegetables from the garden and on the pets. I only had a few toys. My favourite toy was a crossbow my father made for me. When I was nine I began to play the accordion and the music teacher came up to us three times a week and taught me to play this instrument. Later I played in a band. Unfortunately I couldn’t fulfil my dreams to learn playing the drums.
My childhood ended when I went to the grammar school in the town of Nordhausen. The whole week I learned in a boarding school and was around my friends who also lived in Nordhausen. At the weekends I delivered newspapers to earn money. When I was 18 year old I moved to Magdeburg and went to the University of Technology and studied construction and design of power stations.

Hello everyone !

we have this week a new teacher :slight_smile: the name in Christine !

-> we start in the morning with speak about us and Christine

• what we doing at the last time ?
  • where are you from ?
  • where do you live?
    -and and and etc.

-> and then wrote to ask any 3 of them was a wrong and right and the other!

-> then we played a question game

-> after the game we speak about the (new) vocabulary from the game !!

-> then we listening a story and search the content

-> and the we had grammar words !

:slight_smile:

Hello Jennifer, Antje, Guenther, Wolfgang and Christine!

Greetings from Magdeburg. We will try to post on the forum and you will be able to meet the Magdeburg group and exchange thoughts. I wish you all a great day and a lot of fun.

Best regards,

Georgeta

Hello Jennifer, Antje, Guenther, Wolfgang, Christine and Georgeta,

Thank you very much for sharing your learning experiences. Yesterday I started a new course in Eilenburg and I’ll try to get the group online so we can all keep each other up to date on what we are doing.

Hello Torstan :slight_smile:

Thank you for writing us.

We hope you will come online with the other course I think that would be very nice. We can write with the other winners :slight_smile:

we wish best regards a lot of fun

Antje Martina, Christine,Wolfgang,Guenther and Jeniffer

Hello Georgeta :slight_smile:

Greetings back from Nordhausen

We hope it is nice in Magdeburg? We look forward when you come online we want to write with all people:-)

We wish you a nice day and a lot of fun with those women and the only man :slight_smile:

Anje,Martina.Christin,Wolfgang,Guenther and Jeniffer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the English-Test-Forum to all the new course-beginners in Magdeburg or in Eilenburg. We are very glad to have you all here in the forum and we hope that we will have a daily conversation.
We also know Torsten and Georgetta and I can tell you that they are very good Englisch teachers. We had a lot of fun with them and we hope that we will see both again. Our teacher at the moment is also very friendly and has a great way of teaching.

Best Regards
Antje

1 Like

Hi Georgeta and Torsten,
nice to hear you and to know that you and your groups are well. As you know I lived nine years in the town of Magdeburg and I would very pleased if I could go again to the town of my studies. Am I right if I think that this school is located in the area of the former well-known factory “Karl-Liebknecht-Werk” in Magdeburg? I had there an internship in 1968. Yes, I have wonderful memories when I think about the time when I was a student at the University…
So, I’m looking forward to the replies of our groups
BR
Wolfgang

1 Like

Hello Torsten,
I am finished with my test-work,
now I am here with my teacher Christine.
I wish you a nice day and a good start with the new group:-)
Martina

1 Like

Hello Torsten!

I don’t know if it is a bad idea to have all three groups start posting and sharing their Media Library. It would be a way to enrich each student’s listening arsenal. Yesterday was the first day in the IT room, they familiarized themselves with the english.best homepage, but, unfortunately, we have no headsets and many computers do not have flash player installed. After lunch, I will take the group to the IT room again and ask them to post their thoughts.

Best regards,

Georgeta

1 Like

Hello Wolfgang!

The answer to your question will be on the forum later this afternoon.

Regards,

Georgeta

1 Like

Hello Anje, Martina, Christin, Wolfgang Guenther, Jeniffer, Georgeta and Christine, how are things with you today? Thank you very much for all your feedback and your questions. The mood in Eilenburg is excellent, we have already explained a number of new words to each other and now we are going to discuss an LCCI picture together. Later we’ll try to get online so we can all read your messages and ask you some questions.

Speak to you soon,
Torsten

Hello Torsten

Thank you for your answer!
Today we did so many things at first we played a game with a bomb Christine told us a topic and we answered a noun or a subject or a animals etc.
And then we got a worksheet with tongue twisters and we read this that is very interesting and funny the we listened to the 8 o´clock news from BBC and spoke about them!
After that we got many little cards and we assigned to DO or MAKE !
And at the moment we speak about Vocabulary from Job .

we wish a nice day

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello from Magdeburg,

how are you ? We have a nice day with Georgetta. My name is Kathleen. I`m 36 .
I have two children. The son is 3 ans my daughter is 8 . Today we have one more man in our group.

How is the weather in Nordhausen ?

Best regards,

Kathleen

1 Like

Hi Kathleen,

How are you? I go home at 3 o´ clock.

I see you tomorrow.

Sabine

1 Like

Hello Kathleen

My name is Jeniffer our group has only 5 persons it is very funny . In Nordhausen it is very nice weather the sun is shining !
This is good that your group has one more man . I hope the course is good for you. We in Nordhausen learn many things every day. Our course started in January and we have at the moment
the third teacher. How is the weather in Magdeburg ? When did the course start in the Morning?

Best regards
Jeniffer

1 Like