English trainers wanted: Nordhausen January 17 through April 8 2011

Hello Jeniffer,

Try to re-listen and see if you ‘hear’ what is written below:

it’s the way of torture the way of pain,
disease in your brain they say the church’s poor but she’s rich,
more rich than you know for money they protect your soul,
for a heaven you don’t know,
why you don’t think about what you believe in?

Why you do submit yourself?
Why you don’t think about what you can trust?
Why you underrnine yourself?
There is - a life before death!
Destroy religion in your head!
There is a life before death!

Have a nice evening and thank for your work.

Best wishes,

Georgeta

Hello,
last Monday I wrote some sentences about the Beatles’ song “Nowhere Man” and about my opinion to the backgrounds of the origin. I’ve said that this song was the first one that was composed under the influence of drugs. More songs pointed to the drug problems followed in the next years. Because the taking of drugs was forbidden in that time the Beatles gave different explanations to the circumstances of the song-writing. I think it’s the same story as we know about the Bible. The Bible was also written many tens of years after Jesus’ crucifixion, in the case of the Bible written for the Christians - and here in the case of the Beatles some years after the break-up and the disbandment of this group.

In those days, in the mid-sixties John Lennon gave the gist of the origin. He hung so around and tried coming up with a song, and so he began thinking about himself, how he sat around, did nothing and was stuck. He was annoyed and would hit the sack for a while. He had surrendered, so he thought. In this moment he thought of nothing but himself and so he was the Nowhere Man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody.

I think a good story for the fans, the critics and the biography writers, but not more than a good story.

Next time more about the drug affected songs written by the Beatles.
A good start in the next week and as every time ‘Go ahead’ - we are the winners … :wink:
Wolfgang

Today in the early morning when I wanted to brush my teeth I looked for my toothbrush. I searched this damned brush in the whole bathroom, but I couldn’t find it. I asked myself: “Are here in this bathroom any new toothbrushes?” Finally I found a new one and could have my breakfast. As every morning I had two pieces of bread, a glass of orange juice, opened the jar of marmelade and had a good breakfast. After I’ve left the house I drove towards Nordhausen, today without a traffic jam. Before I arrived to the parking place I stopped at a newspaper kiosk and asked the shopman: “Do you have any yesterday’s newspapers?”, because I’d like to solve a riddle and want to win the first prize. At the beginning of the lesson Georgeta asked me about my hobbies and didn’t believe I like cooking and that my favourite dish is mashed potatoes and grilled tomatoes.
So, that’s all for now. I have to go to the boss of the car dealer shop and want to try negociate the price of the new car I want to buy.

Hello everybody!
We had a nice day!
First we are learning to speak about the time. Than we are learning to talk about our day. What are count and uncount nouns. And we are speaking about a business trip and we are posting an the forum.
Have all a nice day!

Best regards,
Guenther

31th January
English course !!
we have a new teacher :slight_smile: Georgeta :slight_smile:

We started at the morning with some questions about the weekend ! what do you do at the weekend … etc.
=> the next :
→ Jenny writes an essay !
→ Jenny does´t writes an essay !English trainers wanted: Nordhausen January 17 through April 8 2011
→ Jenny writes an essay, does´t she?English trainers wanted: Nordhausen January 17 through April 8 2011
→ Jenny does n´t write an essay, does she ?

→ I like pizza and sandwiches !
→ I don´t like pizza and sandwiches
→ I like pizza and sandwiches, don´t I?
→ I don´t like pizza and sandwiches, do I ?

→ She is at home today !
→ She is n´t home today!
→ She is at home today, is n´t she ?
→ She is n´t home today, is she ?
=> the next :

The clock:
->8.15 - Quarter past 8
->8.30 - Half past 8
->8.45 - Quarter to 9
->8.00 - It´s eight o´clock
=> the next :
Nouns count
-1 book-2books
-1 chair-2chairs
-1potato-2potatos
-1tomato-2tomatos
-1radio-2radios
-1hobby-hobbies
-1copy-2copies
Nouns : uncount
-water
-oil
-flour
-soap
-chocolate
-tea
and we read in the book page 21,22,27,28

:slight_smile:

Today we had the lunch in the canteen of the Schachtbau company, where our English school is. It was not as delicious as, the food prepared by the trainees of our cook school.

Good Morning everyone !!
I´m Jeniffer from English course in Nordhausen ! Yesterday I war not in the course I wars to the exam from my trainer course !
And I have passed inspection, with 74% Yehehehehehehehe !!

hello at all !

-> we filling out a Worksheet and this it is :

at first a men :

• He is average height . He has dark, medium length hair and dark eyes

at next a women

• She is average height and around 50. She has medium length . curly, brown hair
    and green eyes

at next a men

• He is overweight and very short. He has blue eyes, wears glasses, he has a beard and no hair ,

At the request of our English trainer Georgeta we shall write down some sentences about the physical appearance of three persons are showed in the unit:
First person: He is in the late twenties. He is average weight and well-built. He has medium long straight dark brown hair and black eyes. He doesn’t wear glasses and doesn’t wear a beard. He has a moustache. He doesn’t look like a body builder.
Second person: She is in her forties. She is average height and has wavy brown hair and green eyes. She doesn’t wear glasses and is not very attractive.
Third person: He is ageless, or better, if I have a look at his shoes and his jeans, he is thirty or so. He is very short, not sporty, but fat. He has blue eyes and wears glasses. He is bald, has protruding ears and wears a beard. He isn’t handsome.

The man has dark brown hair. His hair has medium length. He is average height. He has black eyes. The body is average build. He is hansome. He is on his 30s.
The woman has brown hair, which is curly and the length is medium. Her body is average heigt. She is small. She is in her 40s.She looks very seriuos.
The man has a bald head. He isn´t handsome. He has blue eyes and he wears glasses. He is overweight and he has very short legs.
He looks very unhealthy. I think he is around 50 but he looks like he is older.

It is my short description:

A: He is a man around 30. He has medium length dark braun hair and an average build body. He has a
moustache and black eyes. He is a handsome person.

B: She is a woman around 60. She is average height and has medium length hair. The color of her hair
is brown and she has green eyes. She is an ugly woman.

C: He is in 50s. He doesn’t have hair. The man is very short and fat. He has a beard and blue eyes.
The man is wearing glasses. He is not handsome.

Good Morning ! :slight_smile:

3nd February

English course
with Georgeta

Word Order
-> Quality Opinion

• beautiful - handsome - ugly
  • scary - good - bad
  • meaning less/full -demanding
  • intelligent - happy - sad
    -easy - difficult - comfortable

-> Size

• big - small -huge
  • tiny - short/long
  • short/tall

-> Shape

• round - square - oval
  • pointed - curved - straight

-> Condition

• faded - broken - scratched
  • fresh - expired -dusty - muddy

-> Age

• young - old - teenage
  • ancient - antique - new

-> Colour
-withe - yellow - pink

• red - dark green - light blue
  • black - checked - patterned

-> Origin

• English - German - American
  • French - Dutch - Irish
  • London - Victorian

-> Material

• iron - metal - steel
  • glass - plastic - gold
  • golden - silver - wood
  • wooden - coal - rubber
  • nylon - wool - woolen - cotton

-> Noun

• girl - boy - child
  • worker - woman - man - car
  • table - novel - cupboard
  • employee - job - road

:slight_smile: Jeniffer

Hello Jeniffer, Antje, Martina, Guenther, Wolfgang and Georgeta, thanks a lot for keeping us updated on your learning progress. Please, keep using the forum on a daily basis asking questions, taking part in discussions and listening to the audio recordings. Also, please create a daily report on all your activities because this will help you review all the vocabulary you are learning as well as organize your thoughts and share your experiences. It’s important that you develop the habit of writing reports on a regular basis.

I read every of your post even I don’t respond to each of them immediately. On Monday we started a new course in Magdeburg and I’ll create a summary tomorrow so you know what we have working on too.

Have fun learning and talk to you soon.
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The musicians[YSaerTTEW443543]

-> we watched a movie, the name of the movie was ,The Secret of My Success "

and then we answered questions

• Which of the following statements is not true?

• The Personnel Department officer tells Brantley that :…

• What reasons does Ms Miller have to reject Brantley´s application?

• Brantlay starts working for Pemrose as:…

• Howard Prescott is:…

• He tell his mum that:…

• What office equipment does he use to make a ´business card´?:…

• Carlton Whitfield´,alias Brantley Forster ´requests:…

-As a mail room employee, has to ´punch in´:…

• Who are you? ´Carlton Whitfield, new employee´, I did n´t get a … that´, replies Mr. Thomas.

The movie was very funny . I invite you all to watch the movie :slight_smile: the movie was with Michael J Fox from Back in the Future

Today we have seen a movie from the 80s with the name „The Secret of My Success“ in English language.
A young man is a recent graduate of Kansas State University and moves to New York City where he has found a job as a financier. He wants to have a job in his uncle´s company. His uncle is the president of a great financial company and he doesn´t want to give his nephew an office job. The young man, who is called Brantley Forester, should by the opinion of his uncle begin in the company`s mail office as a mailboy. Brantley is very intelligent and he succeeds to become the manager of the company. Now he has two jobs to do. Because he felt in love with the female financial director of the company he has some kind of trouble.
It was a funny movie and after watching it our teacher gave us a Movie Quiz to answer some questions about the movie.

Hello Jeniffer, Antje, Guenther, Wolfgang and Georgeta
Hope you’re all well. You haven’t met me yet but you know some things about me already :slight_smile: Does that sound strange ??? Well, to get you out of your mystery…most of you know my mum, Martina and you’ve also met Vasek, my husband to be! I’d love to come and meet you tomorrow, as I’ve heard and read so much about you already. Could you please let me know when it’d suit you?!
See you tomorrow! :slight_smile: Christine

Hello Georgeta,
I’d love to catch up with you tomorrow as I’ll be teaching the group next week. Hope it’s Ok with you if I pop in. Just let me know what time suits you best! Looking forward to meeting you! Best regards,
Christine

Hello Christine!

We would be glad to see you tomorrow. Maybe you want to come and have lunch with us at noon. A good opportunity to meet the group and exchange information about the course.

I look forward to meeting you.

Best regards,

Georgeta

English proverbs and the equivalents in the German language

gho-englisch.de/Resources/proverbs.htm

My favourite proverbs are:
A blind man may perchance (or sometimes’) hit the mark.
A fat belly, a lean brain
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
A good start is half the battle.
Adversity is the school of wisdom.