English trainers wanted: Nordhausen January 17 through April 8 2011

Hallo Georgetta,
I want to chat with you in skype, but you are not online!!!
We wait here in Nordhausen for you!
Also its up to you!
Next week my woman come back from China and you can with her speak same about all.

Best regards

Guenther

Georgeta!
Sorry I wrote your namme not right!
Next time make that mistake not more

Guenther

Hello Georgeta,
I hope you are not seriously ill and so I’ll keep my fingers crossed! Here in Nordhausen the days are passing by and we have accustomed ourselves to the daily lessons. Günther manages the breaks and I am responsible for an excellent lunch. Today in an half hour we’ll have lasagne and iced coffee as dessert. I hope I am able to make your mouth water… :wink:
We wish you and your group a nice day
Bye-bye for now
Wolfgang

Wolfgang…you certainly made my mouth water :slight_smile:
Hope you’re all well. I’m happy to read that Guenther’s wife is coming back next week and also that your wife, Wolfgang, is feeling better! Finally someone to wear the trousers at home for both of you! What a shame that Antje left the group, good for her though…well done for getting a job! And how is Jenny??? She used to be so keen on posting in the forum…what happened?
Wolfgang, by the way…what’s on the menu for Friday? I’m thinking of paying you guys a visit :slight_smile:

Hello Christine !

I’m sorry that I have not written!! My hands are probably asleep :slight_smile:
I look forward to hearing from you and find it nice that you come on Friday!
Ah so! We moved in a different room. the floor below. if you come up the stairs left around!
So I say see you on Friday!
I wish you a nice day
bey bey and best regrades

Jenny !! :slight_smile:

Hello Christine,
thanks a lot for your message. I haven’t heard anything from you in a long time and so you have caught me on the wrong foot …:wink:
But as you know my special kind of behaviour I immediately went into the kitchen and asked the kitchen staff. After lengthy discussion they have proposed the following meal you can eat together with “the winner group” on Friday at lunchtime:
Roasted pig’s liver with fryed onions and apple slices served on mashes potatoes. As dessert we’d like offering panna cotta served on fruit puree. I think you are keen on drinking a bottle of sparkling wine together with us and so my proposal would be: We are going to supply the champagne glasses and you can spend the bottle of sparkling wine.
I hope this suggestion suits you fine, doesn’t it?
We all are waiting for you and looking forward to you! Have a good time until Friday and don’t forget to buy the right bottle.
As every day bye-bye for now and greetings to Vacek and Lukas, too
Wolfgang

The lunch you have described sounds delicious! A nicely paired sparkling wine will compliment the meat and elevate the complexities of flavor. Maybe a RosĂŠ Sekt or a Cava Brut Rosado?

Hello Christine and the other members of the “winner group” in Nordhausen,
On Friday we talked about the guided tour through the old parts of the town of Nordhausen. You told me that Vacek is eventually interested to take part in this tour. I think this “travel on foot through Nordhausen” should take place when the weather is fine. Just now I have watched the weather forecast and according to this forecast the best opportunity would be on Tuesday.
I will discuss this proposal with our participants tomorrow. By the way, at this moment I don’t know who is going to teach the Nordhausen group the upcoming week. If Georgeta or Kevin will be the trainer so I can’t see problems in this case. Otherwise we have to discuss and achieve an agreement.
I think we should keep in touch and so I’m looking forward to your reply.
Best wishes and till tomorrow
Wolfgang

english-test.net/toeic/exam/start.php?t=2

Hello members of the Nordhausen group and to inform Torsten ,
As I wrote on Friday we will start our guided tour through the centre of Nordhausen tomorrow. The weather will be fine and we are pleased that Georgeta and Vacek are going to join us. After shortened breakfast break we are going by car towards the centre and so we can park our cars at the parking lot next to the “Old destillary”. The tour will start at 9:30 a.m. and will finish after the visit of the “Destillery” about 3 p.m.
I don’t know wether Günther will read this entry in the early evening. In this case we want to invite his wife. We think such tour is a good possibility to learn a little bit more obout the old parts of this more than 1000 years ald town.
So, until tomorrow
Best regards and bye-bye for now, Wolfgang

I Wolfgang, thank you very much for your update – I’m sure you had a great guided tour through Nordhausen today and I look forward to hearing what you have learned about your town and how you liked all the sights, especially the old distillery.

PS: Who was your guide and was the tour in English or German?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A girl on an elevator[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten!

Allow me to answer the last question: Our guide was Wolfgang and he did a fantastic job. He prepared everything in detail, brought maps and books with old postcards. All the questions needed to be asked in English. Tomorrow one task will be to post ‘sightseeing impressions’.

Hello for my old friends from the Winner Group in Nordhausen.
I saw the pictures of your sigth-seeing trip in nordhausen and I hoped, that I was there with you. I think, we had a lot of fun!!!
But I have to work every day and it is very hard for me. The collegs are very serious an there is not a chance to have a little bit fun.

I want to come to you on the excamenation and want to try to take the TOEC Test.I think, that this word was not the rigth decession for me and I wish that I could take my statement back. But, that´s the way.

I wish you all the best!!

Antje

Hi Antje!

Please do not believe that we forgot you yesterday. It would’ve been nice if you’d been there with us. This morning while I was walking to school it crossed my mind that it wouldn’t be a bad idea for you to try to take the test…and here is your post. So, please don’t hesitate. You have the tools for practising on your own or if you need extra help you know where to find me and the group.

Best wishes,

Georgeta

unesco.org/new/en/unesco/abo … e/history/

Hi Torsten,
thank you very much for your message and your questions about the tour through the oldest parts of Nordhausen. As Georgeta has already written I was the tour guide. I decided three weeks ago to achieve this goal of my own to guide such group in English, because I have guests from many countries in Europe from time to time and so I need basic English skills. In my opinion I was not completely satisfied with the result, because I often can’t find the right words and in the result our group and our special guests - Vacek, a Czech, Günther’s wife, a Chinese and Georgeta, a Romanian - had to suffer the “Pientka English”, not the proper English. I hate the situation, when I have to listen to a referat, a speech or a tour gide who is not able to speak in proper English because I will learn these incorrect phrases and that is not the right way to improve the current level of my English skills. By the way, I am glad that this tour is over and so I can concentrate to reach new goals.
Have a good time and see you soon
with regards form our group and Georgeta
Wolfgang

Good Morning Wolfgang :slight_smile:

I wanted to say THANK YOU very much for a brilliant day out and a well prepared and interesting tour of Nordhausen. I don’t really know why you think so negatively about it all. Vasek and I think that it was fantastic! I know how tiring it is when you speak English all day and you know that several people are glued to your words because they want to learn something. I think you did it brilliantly and you should be really proud of yourself. I have an idea for you to top this experience though…only if you wanted another tricky challenge. How about registering with the council as an English tour guide for Nordhausen? :slight_smile: I’m serious! You know so much about the city and your English is seriously so much better than you think!!!
Have a good day!!!
Christine, Vasek and little Luki

english-test.net/toeic/exam/start.php?t=3

Hello my dear Nordhausen English learners! I’m glad to see and hear that you had such an excellent tour by Wolfgang and as your photo clearly shows you greatly enjoyed your day out.

I wish you a sunny and interesting Thursday.
Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Working with an ox[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello everybody,
I have written this salutation as I know that perhaps Vacek and also Günther’s wife will read this entry. Georgeta asked me a favour to write a short roundup about our Tuesday trip through the old town of Nordhausen. According to Georgeta I should describe only the route we went on Tuesday, but I don’t want to leave it at that. So I will start:

We met at the parking lot near the old Grimmelstraße – a remnant of the lower part of Nordhausen after the bombardment where you can have a hunch of the typical architecture. And now I will give an overview on our route (topics inclusive short notes).

„Wassertreppe“ (Water stairs)
72 steps, inhabitants of Nordhausen carried water in buckets from the lower part to the upper part of this town in the medieval times

„Finkenburg“
The Gothic half-timbered house dating from the 15th century served as the artisans‘ guild house. In 1993 the building interior was heavily damaged. It is faithfully restored and reopened in 1997. Today the castle is the headquarters of the craftspeople of North Thuringia.

Dom “of the Holy Cross”
Originally built as a three high-Gothic hall church. Cistercian nuns used this building since the 13th century as a monastery.

Gatehouse of the cemetery
The gatehouse was built in 1667 and used until 1882. The sexton of cemetery behind it lived in this house. After reconstruction in 2000 and 2005 it houses art workshops and is now used as a residence.

Flea Castle Museum

The Gothic half-timbered building with a basement from the Roman period, was first documented in 1330 mentioned as a town house. After the restoration in 2000, it houses the town museum flea castle.

Rectory "St. Blasius“
was a gateway to the old town, was built for the parish of the Protestant church of St. Blasius and is the entrance of Barfüßerstraße. It is decorated with ornaments from the roof to the basement - one of the most beautiful and most valuable art-historical buildings in the city.

Museum „Tabakspeicher“ (Tobacco store)
The building was used in the 18th and the 19th century and in the early 20th century by a tobacco and cigar factory as a warehouse. After extensive restoration the „tobacco store“ is used as a museum with exhibitions (trade, commerce, industry, archeology).

Town hall

The first written mention of the construction of the town hall dates from 1360

Roland statue
The existence of the Roland statue at City Hall was documented in 1411 for the first time. This statue (1717) was a symbol of freedom, power and jurisdiction. The ‚Roland‘ is the landmark of Nordhausen.

****************** Lunch break in the restaurant „Ratskeller“ **********************

Blasius church
The Blasius Church is the largest Protestant church in the city and is first documented in 1234. After three years of renovation work, it was reopened on 1 Advent 2004. In this church Martin Luther evangelized.

„Traditionsbrennerei“ (Old destillery)
Founded in 1857 by Joseph Seidel and from 1907 to 1908 built by his son at this location in the new Grimmelallee, this destillery is the traditional symbol of the distillery producing industry.

After tasting we ended our trip and made a visit in an ice cream parlour near the main railway station.

As always bye-bye for now and till tomorrow
Wolfgang