English Teachers Wanted: Cologne, November 3 through Nov 28

Purpose: to prepare group of students for the ‘English for Business (EfB) Level 1’. The total length of the course is 12 weeks. The program is divided into so called ‘modules’ which are as follows:

Module 1 – November 3 through November 14:
Basic English, review of elementary questions and vocabulary items.

Module 2 – November 17 through November 28:
Reinforcing everything learned in Module 1.

Module 3 – December 1 through December 12:
Basic Business English.

Modules 4 through Module 6: to be determined

The course runs from Monday through Friday, 9 units a 45 minutes. I’ll post the exact times later.

Very important: After each module we have to give the class a written test paper which has to be graded using a 100 point system. As of now, we are looking for an English trainer who is going to do the first two modules while Bruce Finlayson is doing Module 3.

Since EfBLCCI is quite similar to the TOEIC test, I suggest we primarily use TOEIC and TOEIC Bridge materials in the classroom. One of the reasons for this is that there seems to be much more TOEIC material available than there is LCCI material. Here are a number of books you can use:

How to Prepare for the TOEIC Bridge Exam (Paperback)
Barron’s TOEIC Test with Audio CDs (Barron’s Toeic Test. Test of English for International Communication) (Paperback)

In addition, I highly recommend you obtain a copy of our Printable English Tests Printable English Tests since they come in a handy PDF format and with the permission to photocopy them for use in any of your classes.

Accommodation in Cologne might be difficult to find but I’m going to do my best to come up with a viable solution.

Please let me know what you think and we can discuss all the details here on the forum.
Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Shouldn’t we check in with the receptionist?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Just an update on the accommodation situation in Cologne. Slava has found this offer for a cheap room in Cologne and you might you want to book it.

Alternatively, we can book it for you.
Just let me know what you think.
Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Do you prefer chicken or beef?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi there,
For Modules 4 - 6, is one person responsible for teaching all 5 days, M - F? Or could the days be divided? I could perhaps teach Mon through Wed but not Thursday & Friday. Thanks! Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to our forum and many thanks for your interest in working with us. We are still in the bidding process for modules 4 through 6 and if we get that job I’m sure it will be possible to arrange the split you suggested. Alternatively, you might want to work from Monday through Wednesday in a class in the Leipzig region.

Please let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: When will we get our bonuses?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi everyone,

Here are some accommodation options in Cologne:

Hotels in Köln Vermittlung von Bed & Breakfast in Köln (provisionsfrei):
Heike Kuhn, Ferienwohnungen (auch Zimmer) in Köln: Ab 35,00 EUR/NachtTel. 0221-555254
www.abri-ferienwohnung-koeln.de

Hotel ArcadenKalkerhauptstr.
7651103 Köln 0221-7020604
Zimmer zu 40 € pro Nacht
4 Stationen mit der U-Bahn entfernt

Hotel am Augustinerplatz
Hohe Str. 3050667 Köln 0221-2728020 info@hotel-am-augustinerplatz.de
Zimmer zu 50 € pro Nacht Fußläufig entfernt

City Class Residence
Alter Markt
5550667 Köln
0221-9201980
Zimmer 47 € pro NachtFußläufig entfernt

Wellnesshotel/Pension Szrama
Sigwinstr.
3251061 Köln
0221-635884 farm@lilli-szrama.info Zimmer ab 39 € pro Nacht, bei Messe 55 €5 Stationen mit der U-Bahn entfernt

City Pension Storch
Im Stavenhof 2250668 Köln
0221-326993 info@city-pension.comwww.city-pension.com
Zimmer ab 39 € pro Nacht, DZ 50 €, bei Messe 70-90 € ohne Frühstück
Nähe Ebertplatz, Hansaring, 20 Fußminuten, 4 U-Bahn-Stationen zum Neumarkt[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Can you call headquarters and confirm this information?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Here is an important update: The group now consists of 14 participants and they all will have and use a copy of International Express - Student’s Book Elementary, OXFORD Business English.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How come I wasn’t told about the plan?[YSaerTTEW443543]