English for "Rinnenplatte"


What do you call these components in English?


TOEIC listening, talks: Reporting traffic problems[YSaerTTEW443543]


It’s a little hard to tell what those components are just by the picture. What do they do, or what are they used for?

It looks like some sort of concrete brick. Since there’s a shape to them, it looks like maybe they’re designed to hold/direct water.

When I break rinnenplatte down into its component German words, I do get a sense of ‘to flow, run, or leak’ + ‘a plate’, or ‘brick’.

I think there is a technical name for such in English, but the best I can come up with for now is ‘drainage blocks’.

Hi Skrej,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Your suggestion looks very good, “drainage blocks” makes perfect sense in this context.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Starting a biology lecture[YSaerTTEW443543]