English conversation group every Sunday

Starting next Sunday, we will offer an online conversation meeting in English that any of you can join. So far, @SarahChau and I have held two meetings where we discussed a range of issues, such as the differences between life in China and the US, the importance of connecting with people from around the world, and how to learn English effectively.

Our meetings are going to take place via this Google Meet link from 11am to 12pm CET.

If you want to join us, please let us know here in this thread by tell us what topic you want to talk about and why.

3 Likes

Yes, It is a good way to practice speaking skills and get chance to learn different culture.
We can also talk about what’s news this week to keep up in this fast-paced world.
So welcome to join us!

4 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I would like to practice my speaking as well. Can I join? and How?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Elle

3 Likes

Hi Elle, you can join by clicking the link in the post.

3 Likes

Thank you, Torsten. I appreciate it.

3 Likes

Sorry, I checked my time zone and it’s kind of too early for me. I live in Washington State which is 2 am here, but that’s okay.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes, since we are in different time zones we’ll need to figure out a time that suits all of us. What I can offer is two sessions on Sunday, one at 11am CET and another one at 7pm CET. Will the second slot work for you?

2 Likes

Yes, that’ll work for me. Thank you. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Is it on Sunday, August 22, right?

2 Likes

Yes, please use this link to join the meeting.

3 Likes

OOPS, I think I missed the meeting. Sorry :frowning:

3 Likes

You can’t have missed the meeting because it hasn’t taken place yet.

3 Likes

Oh really, So when will the conversation meeting start? I am looking forward to it.

2 Likes

There will be two sessions tomorrow, Sunday, August 22. The first one starts at 11am CET and the second one starts at 7pm CET.

2 Likes

Sounds wonderful :slight_smile: Thank you. See you tomorrow at 7pm CET.

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I am here already, but I don’t how to get into the meeting.

2 Likes

To join the meeting you need to click the link I shared above. Let’s try again another time.

3 Likes

I couldn’t get it. It was spining.

2 Likes

What do you mean by ‘it was spining’?

1 Like

When I clicked join in the meeting then it did not let go into the meeting.

2 Likes