English books

In my country, good grammar books are not available, badly published in bilingual versions or very expensive. I would very love to seek helps from you, English friends. Tell me what I can do so that we could easily exchange books.

Do you have a printer?
Then your problems are solved! Just look for a book of interest on the internet, download it, print it out and enjoy reading it.

As an aside, you can go for buying books on Amazon, and having them shipped to your place, but that’s going to cost you a pretty penny.

Don’t read too much - get some MP3’s to - especially with English Verbs
Learning English is Reading,Writing,Speaking,Listening try to get practice at all of them…

Then of course there’s the 5th one? Which I forget? Which Tort knows :slight_smile:

Yeah. But even if I had a printer I would rather not use it for books. I want books from some well known publishers regardless of their appearance(old or new). Amazon? I hate uninhabited jungles. Could you imagine how much it would cost to ship some books through some ten thousands of miles? I would be very grateful if someone of you would send me your own old books. It’s just like an exchange and I’l send you books about our country as well. What do you think?

Thank you Political for the suggestions. I have bought an abundance of CD and tapescripts to practice listening(I’m not able to buy tapes though I’d like to very much), TOEFL, IELTS and TOEIC books for writing and reading. For speaking,I practice it with my teachers. What I want now is just grammar books. If you would like to, I’ll list some titles.

If you don’t mind reading books on computer, you have all books of this world on internet… and problem is more than solved…:slight_smile:

How can we think anything if we don’t know what country you’re in?

Jamie why is that important?

What do you mean by ‘grammar books’ and why are you looking for them?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The transporter[YSaerTTEW443543]

Knock off the knocking it off…
And never mind the never minding - just remember to forget everything you remembered for this is not only unforgettably far out man…
davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr93.html
It’s also 100% free

Peace brother! :slight_smile:

[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A loading dock[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank for advising me the way to improve my english, but I cannot pratice all points because I do not have enough money to visit US/UK/Australia. I can buy English book and learning from internet.

Thanks,

Just be careful especially with Audio Books that you don’t end up sounding like George W Bush or Crocodile Dundee!

I would stick with Oxford English :slight_smile: english-test.net/forum/ftopic3085-15.html

That’s a flat out discrimination against the standard North American accent. :slight_smile:

I know Tort - Sorry but I don’t know what came over me? :frowning:

I’m from Vietnam. I don’t have much time to surf so I prefer reading paper books. Grammar books are books on grammar, as much on grammar as possible.