english.best is coming

We are working on creating a new site: www.english.best

It’s inspired by Google, the world’s most innovate and dynamic company and driven by people who never stop being curious.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Requesting a quote on a service package[YSaerTTEW443543]

So what is it going to be? Will it replace this site?

Well, as you know the forum has not been working properly for quite a while and the newsletter module stopped working too so we need a complete technical overhaul.

TOEIC listening, talks: Giving an opening speech to the National Tennis Championship Tournament

Just went live: english.best[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Tour guide is giving information on various buildings during sightseeing tour[YSaerTTEW443543]

A bit of a marathon your assessment test with 50 questions and a couple of short texts to read in 20 minutes, but yup… it’s now done and dusted. :slight_smile:

I’d like to find out what my mistakes were at some point too, of course. :slight_smile:

Sure, we will be adding more materials soon and in a couple of days you will receive Alan’s latest story so stay tuned :-)[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Commercial for home financing[YSaerTTEW443543]

Will do. Love Alan’s stories. :slight_smile:

In the meanwhile I’m going to post a question about one of the test sentences on “english.best” in the grammar section here, if you don’t mind.

Thank you!

Sure, I look forward to it ;-)[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing next speaker at local city council rally[YSaerTTEW443543]

Oki! :smiley:

(Btw, you seem to have left out the “not” in your reply to Luschen at #3.)

Hi,Torsten,

It’s good news. Will the old posts of english-test.net be available on the Internet?

Yes, they will indeed.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Traffic situation report on TV[YSaerTTEW443543]

Congratulations! Change for the better is always welcome. But will it be so designed as to display all the earlier facilities including private messaging? Surprisingly, as soon as I answered a question of Swan yesterday, the page switched itself over to this new format. I was stunned!
Now, when the notification is received and the link is clicked, I am taken to a page where I do not find the subject listed or highlighted.
I hope the new website will be more user-friendly.
Incidentally, I cannot guess why the name has been changed from english-test to english.best.
Thanks for your patience, Torsten!
Lawrence

@Anglophile, you should be able to access your private messages by clicking on your profile picture in upper right corner and clicking on the envelope icon.

Yes, thank you for the prompt reply.

You’re welcome, it’s good to see you’re made the transition :sunglasses: