Effective way to learn new words

Hello everyone, I was wondering what is the best method to learn new words, and several ideas came up to my mind.
So I reconsidered every single idea, and I separate the best one, so I’ll suggest it to the others who have same problems, and that is learning new words.

Whenever you hear or read a new word always write that down in sentence, try to find a proper sentence where the word can fit in.

P.S I think we have several benefits with this method, learning new words, writing sentences, increasing our writing skill, and improving our grammar mistakes.

So I’ll start first, my new words are ,cello,moans, impaired, liquorice,heifer, stutter, articulate, obesity, lingered, warts, ointment, bumblebee, soothed, shrivel, paves.

First word, cello.
Cello is a musical instrument, and it’s very similar to violin except cello produce a thicker sounds and it’s bigger.

Second word is moans.
People usually moans when cry.

Third word is impaired.
Impaired have a same meaning as damaged, so it will be suitable in next sentence.
This machine is damaged/impaired.

Fourth word is liquorice for which I can not find any sentence to put it in. It’s special
type of a plant?

The fifth word is heifer, heifer means a female cow?

New word stutter.
My friend stutter’s’ when talks.

New word articulate.

I’m not sure how to use this word in sentence, but word articulate means when you are expressing words on a good way. He’s articulate.

New word, obesity.
Obesity=fat.
Obesity is one of the common problems nowadays, and the main culprit for that is fast food.

New word,lingered.
Lingered means to keep something. Hold/keep.
They had to leave their house, and everything in it, but John couldn’t resist but to linger his teddy-bear.

New word,warts.
Brown spots on our body, or how scientist call them, a deactivated cancer.

New word,ointment.
Ointment have the same meaning as word fat? Or it can be used in special occasions?

New word,bumblebee.

Some of them love to call it a sweet bee, some of them would more go for the term a scary bee. But the proper call for this insect is bumblebee. He is bigger than normal bees,and his poison is few times stronger, quite understandable when we compare size of bee and bumblebee.

New word,soothed.

Word soothed have the same meaning as word calm.
Even his dog passed away, he is still soothed.

Just to mention, I am in process of learning English, so you’ll for sure find many mistakes in my text above. It will be of a crucial help if someone can correct every mistake I make.

First word, cello.
Cello is a musical instrument, and it’s very similar to violin except cello produce a thicker sounds and it’s bigger.
A cello is a musical instrument. It’s similar to a violin except the cello produces deeper sounds and it’s bigger.

Second word is moans.
People usually moans when cry.
People often moan when they cry.
A lady often moans when she cries.

Third word is impaired.
Impaired have a same meaning as damaged, so it will be suitable in next sentence.
This machine is damaged/impaired.
The functioning of this machine is impaired because of damage.

Fourth word is liquorice for which I can not find any sentence to put it in. It’s special
type of a plant?
Cats are often attracted to liquorice, especially red liquorice.

The fifth word is heifer, heifer means a female cow?
The heifer was ready to calf.

New word stutter.
My friend stutter’s’ when talks.
My friend stutters when she talks.

New word articulate.

I’m not sure how to use this word in sentence, but word articulate means when you are expressing words on a good way. He’s articulate.
He is very articulate which helps when he delivers speeches.

New word, obesity.
Obesity=fat.
Obesity is one of the common problems nowadays, and the main culprit for that is fast food.
Obesity is a common problem nowadays. One of the main reasons is the availability of fast food.

New word,lingered.
Lingered means to keep something. Hold/keep.
They had to leave their house, and everything in it, but John couldn’t resist but to linger his teddy-bear.
That’s not quite the right usage. It means ‘hold on’ and ‘stay’ rather than the sense that you’ve used it:
John lingered as long as he could in the house before he left.

New word,warts.
Brown spots on our body, or how scientist call them, a deactivated cancer.
She was concerned about the wart which had grown on her shoulder. She thought it might be cancerous.

New word,ointment.
Ointment have the same meaning as word fat? Or it can be used in special occasions?
‘ointment’ = A smooth, oily medicinal or cosmetic preparation.
The doctor prescribed ointment for his skin condition.

New word,bumblebee.

Some of them love to call it a sweet bee, some of them would more go for the term a scary bee. But the proper call for this insect is bumblebee. He is bigger than normal bees,and his poison is few times stronger, quite understandable when we compare size of bee and bumblebee.

New word,soothed.

Word soothed have the same meaning as word calm.
Even his dog passed away, he is still soothed.
Soothed = calmed
Even though his dog passed away he was soother by the thought that he died peacefully.