doesn't vs. does not

Thankyou Sir
I have seen my all mistakes.

I have one question about use of doesn’t and does not.
I have read that [color=green]In order or command sense we could prefer [color=darkred]long forms like does not instead of short forms(doesn’t). Am I correct? Can we use full forms in order to [color=darkred]emphasize something.

You have told me not to use short forms in writing. But I have seen its usage in english texts.
I am asking its usage in detail because someone asked my friend that does she not know where to use doesn’t and where does not.

Regards
Payal

I didn’t say don’t use the contracted form in writing. I said don’t use it in formal writing such as examinations - because you will lose marks.
Sometimes the longer form is more emphatic when giving commands than the contraction, yes. It can be used any time, not just to add stress, though.

Hello,

What is meant by to do a room? Does it exist? I’ve seen somewhere on the Net.
Is it equivalent of to do the cleaning?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Usually, yes.

Do you use it?

Thanks.

Personally, no.
It’s quite common informally though (I’m going to do the bedroom next)

I use the phrase ‘do the bed’ informally (make the bed).

Okay, thank you.

Could you give me more phrase with “do”?
do the laundry, do the washing up, do the washing, do the gardening, do the cleaning, do the ironing, do the shopping etc.

You seem to have found quite a few for yourself!

It seems you’re offensive.

No offence is intended. I’m just stating that as far as I can see you done a good job of finding the phrases yourself and don’t need me to give them to you.

Right, Thank you.

Hi;

there is a song of a Canadian group called Rush, which I appreciate a lot.
Well, there is a phrase that made me confused: " she DON’T love me".
The question is: She DOESN’T love me would not be the correct form? And why DON’T is correct?

I’m grateful if I get reply :slight_smile:

Regards;

Lea

‘She don’t love me’ is not correct.

You should not expect the lyrics songs to be grammatically correct. Many of them aren’t, and it would not be a good idea to use them as the basis for learning English.

Thank you very much, that’s what I thought :slight_smile:

I agree.
Thanks