Does the education system prepare adequately for life?.

Does the education system prepare adequately for life?.

• What should the aims of an education system be?.
  • Did your education prepare you for life as an adult?.
  • How could the education system be improved?.

The education system is different in each country. In my case I am going to write about the education system in Spain because it is where I live and it is the unique I know.
The life is very hard and I think that the education system helps us for life but it is not enough and it could be better. Not only need the children to know to read and to write. When an adult goes to apply for a job, during the interview he/she can realize that they demand you to know more than you have studied.

Nowadays, there is more competency than years ago, and the students better prepared, they have more possibilities to achieve a good job. For instance, in Spain there are many people who have a career but only a few of them, they know to speak and to write English well. The companies need to hire people who have a good knowledge of English. For this reason, I think that the education system in Spain is very bad because the children have only three or four classes of English each week and as well as the method of teaching is very bad. The teachers of English teach English talking in Spanish and only teach grammar and do not put attention to teach speaking and listening.

Moreover, in Spain not only we talk in Spanish, we have other three languages. Depending where you live, it is possible that you have to know Spanish and other different language. Besides, the teachers teach their subjects, for example maths or history, in other language which it is not Spanish, that in my opinion is good to keep, but it is not useful for the future. However the English although it is not our language, it will be more useful in the future.

So, for the above mentioned reasons, I think that the main problem of the education system in Spain it is the English classes. The English classes are not sufficient and the method of teaching it is very bad. Otherwise, I think that we have a good system and only we need to improve the access to university.

To sum up, I think that it is not so difficult to have a good education system, simply we have to observe what our children are going to need to know when they will be adults. Therefore, the system should teach them useful subjects for their future and whether it is necessary, to change the system in order to they get a good education. Also, we have not only to blame the education system. The parents have much fault too. The parents should attend more their children and they should be the main teacher and teach them good things.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and an HR interviewer

The education system is different in each country. In my case I am going to write about the education system in Spain because THIS is where I live and it is the unique I know.

Life is very hard and I think that the education system helps us for life, but it is not enough and it could be better.
The children NEED to know HOW to read and write. When an adult goes to apply for a job, during the interview he/she can realize that they demand you to know more than you have studied.

Nowadays, there is more competency than years ago, and the students ARE MUCH better prepared. They have more possibilities to ACQUIRE a good job.

For instance, in Spain there are many people who have a career but only a few of them know HOW to speak and write WELL IN English.
The companies need to hire people who have a good knowledge of English.
For this reason, I think that the education system in Spain is very bad because the children have only three or four classes of English each week, and the method of teaching is very POOR. The teachers of English teach English talking in Spanish and only teach grammar. THEY PAY NO attention to teachING speaking and listening.

Moreover, in Spain we talk not only in Spanish. We have three other languages. Depending where you live, it is possible that you have to know Spanish and ANother different language.
Besides, the teachers teach their subjects, for example maths or history, in ANother language which it is not Spanish. That, in my opinion, is good to keep, but it is not useful for the future. However the English; although it is not our language, will be more useful in the future.

So, for the above mentioned reasons, I think that the main problem of the education system in Spain is the English classes. The English classes are not sufficient and the method of teaching it is very POOR. Otherwise, I think that we have a good system and WE only need to improve the access to university.

To sum up, I think that it is not so difficult to have a good education system, simply we have to observe what our children are going to need to know when they will be adults.
Therefore, the system should teach them useful subjects for their future, and QUESTION whether it is necessary to change the system in order to PROVIDE a good education. Also, we have not only to blame the education system. The parents have MANY faultS too. The parents should attend TO their children MORE and they should be the main teacherS and teach them good things.

Nice essay Lighgun.

Plus, you are improving very fast! Congrats.

P.S: Thank you Kitos for the corrections.

Mixmixi

Thanks Kitos for your reply.
Hello Mix, I don’t know whether I am improving very fast but I sure you that I spend all my spare time in studying english and especially writting essays. I enjoy a lot studying in this section of the forum with the help of Kitos and people like you.

Lighgun