Do you want to be my friend?

Hi, I am also a new member. Glad to know u. I am from Myanmar.I am a student form Mandalay Technological University. I would like to know whether is it good or not for the children reading a novel.
Yan Lin (Myanmar)

1 Like

Hi, Alll
Pleased to meet you, guys, from over the world.

1 Like

hi joile

1 Like

hello everyone!! i would like to make friends with you all… i hope to hear from you soon!

1 Like

Hi. I am Roman from Ukraine. Nice to meet you! My English is bad but I try to improve it when I have a free time.

1 Like

Hi, I my name is Cesar from Mexico nice to meet you to all…

1 Like

Hi Roman, why would you say your English is bad?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The welder[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi everybody I am from Colombia, south américa but I am living in USA. I would like to have friends. Mi name is María.

1 Like

Hi Pasban, I listened to your voice and it sounded to me as if it were female voice. Please don’t mind. Your spoken English is very good.

1 Like

I am a newbie to this amazing forum. I am really glad that you like to render help to not native speakers. I like to improve my english speaking and listening skills. Kindly help me.

regards,
Ashish

1 Like

Hello Everyone… Kimberly here from USA. I am about to start a new ESL position in China and would love to hear of others experiences in China or other places in the world. I am looking forward to meeting new colleagues and friends.
Kind Regards,
Kimberly

1 Like

Hi Kimberly,
I am not a native speaker of English but through this Forum I think I have improved a lot. I am not from China but from NEPAL, it’s not far away from China as you know. I am interested in American English and in Americans. So it would be my honor & privilege if you accept me as your new friend.
–There are no such things as strangers, only the friends we have not met.–

Regards
Noren

1 Like

Hi Noren nice to make your acquaintance. I would love to accept you as a new friend. Please let me know if I can assist you with your English skills. Kind Regards, Kimberly

1 Like

Hello everyone…

I am newbie to this forum. I want to make some new friends with whom I may practice to improve my verbal. Kindly share ur skype ids so that we may chat to each other. Looking forward to make new friends…

1 Like

Would absolutely be available to assist you in your English training via Skype. My id is kimakier
Nice to make your acquaintance. Kind Regards, Kimberly

1 Like

Is this sentence grammatically correct?

please arrange the documents in the least time. (as in place of asap).

1 Like

Please arrange the documents expeditiously.

1 Like

Or, mopre simply:
Please arrange the documents quickly/ speedily/ at your earliest possible convenience/ promptly.

1 Like

Why do Americans tend to shorten words in their conversation? There are several words that they do not even pronounce completely. Accent becomes rather hard to understand? like, International - innernational. I think international sounds more good. Isn’t it?

1 Like

Hello Pooran,

I think one should not generalise whole nations, though I understand your comment.

In American English the t is not as strongly pronounced as in British English, and sometimes the t sounds like a d “pardy” (Am. Eng.)

It is not a matter of right or wrong, rather different.

I have dealt with Scottish/English people from Liverpool and must admit that I had a hard time.

When someone does their best to make themselves understood, it does not matter if you are talking to native people from the USA, Great Britain or Australia.

Regards,

Ozzy

1 Like