Do you think being creative can solve problems better than carefully planning?

Haben Sie vielen Dank Kitos!!!:slight_smile:

TOPIC:Do you think being creative can solve problems better than carefully planning?

People have to deal with a wide assortment of problems in everyday living. When facing a problem, a thousand people would have a thousand ways to solve it. Basically, however, the methods can be divided into two types - carefully planning and creative thinking. In my perspective, the latter one would be more advisable.

There are a considerable number of reasons to consolidate my opinion, that is, being creative could provide us with tremendous good possibilities. In the first place, thinking in a creative way help people become more calm, flexible and efficient. Suppose there are two businessmen, both of them want to fight to Canada to attend an important conference. Unfortunately, an emergency happens - because of the bad weather, the plane has to be canceled. Then the one who always makes a plan carefully must be extremely frustrated for his totally broken schedule. He would return to his company and begin to calculate how many days will be delay and replan anther schedule. The other one, however, would buy a plane ticket to the US immediately and then transfer to Canada. So, as for him, nothing is disrupted and everything will go on well.

Another aspect that cannot be ignored is that being creative, sometimes, can bring us unforeseen surprises, even amazingly miracles. Is there any inspiration in the world not result from a novel idea but a conventional one? Is there a great scientist not innovative but traditional? From the invention of electric lamps to the emergence of the Internet; from the improvement of the modern ideas to the development of science and technology, we human beings cannot make any progress unless being creative. On the other hand, a careful plan is important indeed, but we also should know changes always go beyond plans. Besides, future is so changeable and mysterious that nobody could anticipate and control what life will be like then.

Therefore, it is safe to say creative thinking is more advisable than carefully planning, considering the benefits of flexibility and efficiency as well as the progresses it offers.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which designer did not work at the Bauhaus?

Haben Sie vielen Dank Kitos!!!:slight_smile:

TOPIC:Do you think being creative can solve problems better than carefully planning?

People have to deal with a wide assortment of problems in everyday living. When facing a problem, a thousand people would have a thousand ways to solve it. Basically, however, the methods can be divided into two types - careful planning and creative thinking. In my perspective, the latter one would be more advisable.

There are a considerable number of reasons to consolidate my opinion, that is, being creative could provide us with tremendous possibilities. In the first place, thinking in a creative way helps people become more calm, flexible and efficient. Suppose there are two businessmen, both of them want to fly to Canada to attend an important conference. Unfortunately, an emergency happens - because of the bad weather, the plane has to be cancelled. Then the one who always makes a plan carefully must be extremely frustrated for his totally broken schedule. He would return to his company and begin to calculate how many days will be lost and he sets about immediately and devises another plan. The other one, however, would buy a plane ticket to the US and then transfer to Canada. So, as for him, nothing is disrupted and everything will go on well.
Another aspect that cannot be ignored is that being creative, sometimes, can bring us unforeseen surprises, even amazingly miracles. Is there any inspiration in the world that has not result from a novel idea but an unconventional one? Is there a great scientist not innovative but traditional? From the invention of electric lamps to the emergence of the Internet; from the improvement of the modern ideas to the development of science and technology, we human beings cannot make any progress without being creative. On the other hand, a careful plan is important, but we also should know changes always go beyond plans. Besides, the future is so changeable and mysterious that nobody could anticipate and control what life will be like then.

Therefore, it is safe to say creative thinking is more preferable to careful planning, considering the benefits of flexibility and efficiency as well as the progresses it offers.

This was not good Becky. It was OK, but definitely not good. You are capable of far better work than this.

Kitos. 8/10

I’m sorry Kitos…But I promise I’ll rewrite it later.:slight_smile: Thank you for your criticism, I really need it!:slight_smile:

Hello Kitos! I’m a little confused about 2 questions:
No1.Why is “an UNconventional one”? I suppose in the usage of “not A but B”, A and B should be opposite, right?
No2.Which part should I concentrate on most to correct it? I mean on content or expression in words or both?
Thank you for your help!!!:slight_smile:

Let me review your re-write first Becky.