Do you spend money or save them?

Hi, Kitos. Could you check it?

Money is an actual topic for humankind since its invention. Many people face the dilemma – to spend or to save it. But in my opinion, a person has not to choose between spending and saving money, because there is the third option – to find the golden mean between them.

First of all, we all work to satisfy our basic needs like food, clothes and apartment. Life is impossible without nutritious meal, appropriate clothing and convenient home. Furthermore, although we can not buy happiness, we can buy means that will bring us joyful moments. For example, I adore nature, and going to the countryside is a great pleasure for me. I feel pacification and forget all my routine problems, when I am in forest, at the sea or on the bank of the river. In order to experience it, I have to spend money. Spending is an integral part of human life.

On the other hand, we live in the era of high-tech, which is aimed at increasing good consumption. TV, radio, magazines and broadsheets urge people purchase more and more commodities of famous brands regardless of their necessity. In my opinion, it does not make difference how many tee-shirts or trousers you have, or what is the brand of your watch. The main issue is who you are, what your goal is and what you are doing to achieve it. In my case, I need money for realization of my dreams. At first, I should save money for education, and later when I get it I should save it for my business. Certainly, I am a young and want to entertain with my peers, but I should not forget about my future.

In addition, there are so many people around me, who badly need finance. I do not deem it would be right to drive an expensive car or wear super fashionable jewelry, when my friends or relatives can not afford bred. If I am successful today and earn enough money for chic life, it is not just a result of my diligence or wit, but also fate written by God. I can cope without dinner at a fancy restaurant or next pair of earrings, but my friend can not make do his education without paying tuition. I should give a hand, because the same situation might have happened to me.

On the other part, a person should not completely deprive himself of enjoyment. The things that make us happy are very important for our psychological state. If we decline all enjoyment, we will fall into deep depression; and it will not be easy to continue struggle for our aims in such state.

To sum up, money is a key to many doors, but not all, because you can buy things, but not happiness; you can buy a medicine, but not health; you can lure a partner with money, but not acquire his love. Life is not constricted to today in order to spend all salary right now, or to tomorrow to save everything for the sake of prosperous future. Everything should be balanced, even money management. Therefore, I would choose a fifty-fifty strategy – half of profit for spending and another half for saving.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the young man have grapes for lunch?

Hi, Kitos. Could you check it?

Money HAS BEEN an actual topic for humankind since its invention. Many people face the dilemma – to spend or to save it. But i In my opinion a person has not to choose between spending and saving money, because there is the third option – to find the golden mean between them.

First of all, we all work to satisfy our basic needs like food, clothes and AN apartment. Life is impossible without nutritious mealS, appropriate clothing and A convenient home. Furthermore, although we cannot buy happiness, we can buy means that will bring us joyful moments. For example, I adore nature, and going to the countryside is a great pleasure for me. I feel pacification and forget all my routine problems when I am in A forest, ON the sea or on the bank of the river. In order to experience it, I have to spend money. Spending is an integral part of human life.

On the other hand, we live in the era of high-tech, which is aimed at increasing THE consumption OF GOODS. TV, radio, magazines and broadsheets urge people TO purchase more and more commodities of famous brands(,) regardless of their necessity. In my opinion, it does not make ANY difference how many tee-shirts or trousers you have, or what is the brand of your watch. The main issue is who you are, what your goal is and what you are doing to achieve it. In my case, I need money for THE realization of my dreams. At first, I should save money for education, and later when I get it I should save it for my business. Certainly, I am a young and want to entertain with my peers, but I should not forget about my future.

In addition, there are so many people around me, who badly need finance. I do not deem it would be right to drive an expensive car or wear super fashionable jewelLEry, when my friends or relatives cannot afford breAd. If I am successful today and earn enough money TO LEAD A chic life, it is not just a result of my diligence or wit, but also fate written by God. I can cope without dinner at a fancy restaurant(,) or THE next pair of earrings, but my friend cannot OBTAIN his education without paying tuition. I should give a hand, because the same situation might have happened to me.

On the other HAND, a person should not completely deprive himself of enjoyment. The things that make us happy are very important for our psychological state. If we decline all enjoyment, we will fall into deep depression; and it will not be easy to continue OUR struggleS for our aims in such state.

To sum up, money is a key to many doors, but not all, because you can buy things, but not happiness; you can buy medicine, but not health; you can lure a partner with money, but not acquire his love. Life is not constricted to today in order to spend all salary right now, or to tomorrow to save everything for the sake of A prosperous future. Everything should be balanced, even money management. Therefore, I would choose a fifty-fifty strategy – half of profit for spending and another half for saving.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good as usual Remula, but you need to concentrate more.

Kitos. 8/10

Thanks, Kitos :slight_smile:

I want to ask a question as usual :slight_smile:

Why shouldn’t I put a coma in front of when? Isn’t it complicated sentence with two parts, where when part requires a coma? I mean this sencence: I feel pacification and forget all my routine problems when I am in A forest

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Remula, read the sentence out ALOUD to yourself using both versions. I think it is not necessary to use the comma.

Thanks