Do you agree or disgree with the statment? Parents are the best teachers.

This is my first essay. Could anyone please give an opinion on my essay and help me to correct my mistakes. Please! :smiley:

Some people think that parents are the best teachers. Other people do not think
that. I agree that parents are the best teachers for two reasons. First, parents can
teach me about non-academic subjects. Second, parents know their kids the best.
The following essay will provide the example for my two reasons.

First, they always teach me all the time since I was young about non-academic
subjects. Teacher in my school cannot teach me how to be a good person and how
to manage my time to do other things that very benefit on me. When I was young, I
used most of my time playing video game with my friends. My mom told me that I had
to stop playing game and read some books to gain my knowledge. At this point,
teachers in school could not teach me about that because they did not stay with me
when I lived at my home.

Second, parents know their children the best. They know everything about my
traits. They know even what I like or what I do not like. When I was 14 years old, it
was the first time I had to make a decision about my main subject because it is very
importance to my life what I could be in the future. My father knew that I liked to
create something by myself. He gave a very good suggestion to me. He told me to
apply a math- science to be my main subject at my school. After that, I was very
happy because I learned things that I like and I realized that I would like to be an
inventor. If I did not get a good suggestion from my father on that day, I might not
be a good engineer as I am today.

In conclusion, I agree that parents are the best teachers because they can advise
me about non-academic topics and they also know me the best.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their first class of the term

Some people think that parents are the best teachers. Other people do not think
that. I agree that parents are the best teachers for two reasons. First, parents can
teach me about non-academic subjects. Second, parents know their kids the best.
The following essay will provide the example for my two reasons.

First, they always teach me all the time since I was young about non-academic
subjects. Teacher in my school cannot teach me how to be a good person and how
to manage my time to do other things that ARE very benefit FOR me. When I was young, I
used most of my time playing video game with my friends.(I UESED TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES WITH MY FRIENDS MOST OF THE TIME)My mom told me that I had
to stop playing game and read some books to gain(INCREASE)my knowledge. At this point,
teachers in school could not teach me about that because they did not stay with me
when I lived at my home.(CANOT GET THE POINT HERE:s)

Second, parents know their children the best(BETTER). They know everything about my
traits. They know even what I like or what I do not like. When I was 14 years old, it
was the first time I had to make a decision about my main subject because it is very
importance to my life what I could be in the future. My father knew that I liked to
create something by myself. He gave a very good suggestion to me. He told me to
apply a math- science to be my main subject at my school. After that, I was very
happy because I learned things that I like and I realized that I would like to be an
inventor. If I did not get a good suggestion from my father on that day, I might not
be a good engineer as I am today.

In conclusion, I agree that parents are the best teachers because they can advise
me about non-academic topics and they also know me the best.

Hope my suggestions work for you

salam from Mexico