Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Today, young people comprise the majority of every society population and controlling them through appropriate lows should be considered. In this regard, the way of behaving with them has been a controversial issue between different communities. Some people believe that communities should make severe rules against young people in society. However, others think that, it is not necessary to set that much tough rules against them. When it comes to me, I am of the opinion that, the rules that society expect youth to follow is not strict rather than past decades.

To begin with, these days, young people can treat freely rather than past years. Nowadays, government pays more attention to their desires and cares more about their demands. Also, communities try to make much more convenient atmosphere for adolescents. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. Ten years ago, when I was studying in high school, the school policy did not let us bring phones to class. Nevertheless, these days, students are free to bring cellphones to class without any limitation. If the community had not changed the strict rules, we would not have been able to act like today.

The other equally significant reason worth mentioning is that, government try to change some strict rules which were set in past decades. Today, there are a plethora of rules which were tough in the past; however, they totally changed by society. For instance, ten years ago, young people were not allowed to smoke marijuana. Nonetheless, they are free now to smoke it in some distinct countries like Netherland. Furthermore, in past decades, it was compulsory for students to go to military services when they got eighteen. In contrast, today, it is arbitrary to go to military services anymore.

To sum up by taking into account all of above-mentioned reasons and examples, I strongly disapprove that government forces young people to obey and follow strict rules. This is because there are evidences that they behave freely today rather than past years, and because government is changing strict rules over time and sets less severe rules to obey.

2 Likes