Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing games teaches us about life. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

It is often argued whether games are important for adults or not. Some people believe that games are for children. People often ridicule to adults “Don’t be a child, don’t waste your precious time”. But in my opinion games are necessary for children as well as adults.
To begin with in this fast connected world people have adapted sedentary lifestyles. Everything is available online. Most of the adults spend most of their time in front of screens thanks to technology. This unhealthy lifestyle is a gate for many diseases. The best remedy for all is to do physical activities. Games are the best way for that. Games help us to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Not only physical fitness is improved but our mental health also improves. They help us to relax our mind as we forget all our tensions stresses while playing games. There is a very famous platitude also” Sound mind resides in sound health”.
I believe this is 1000% true.

Moreover, playing games help adults to increase their social circle. Playing Games give us opportunity to meet different kind of people. For example, I used to play basketball after office hours. In a stadium I met so many people. Some of them are good friends of mine. Most of the times we hangout together. Friends are very important as they are like second family. Games enhance our social life. In addition, games teach us to be a better team player which is utmost important to survive in a corporate culture.
In addition, playing games also help us in sharpening our acumen. Winning games also require good strategies which sometimes is very useful in real world.
In a nutshell, games are important for all human beings age does not matter when it comes to play games as they improves physical as well as mental health.

Please rate my essay

2 Likes

Please find an amended version of your essay below. Who do you think is going to read your essays and how can they benefit from your essay? How would you ‘rate’ your essays yourself?

There is often an argument about whether games are important for adults or not. Some people believe that games are for children. People often make fun of adults: “Don’t be a child, don’t waste your precious time”. But in my opinion, games are necessary for both children and adults.
First of all, in this fast-connected world, people have adopted a sedentary lifestyle. Everything is available online. Most adults spend most of their time in front of screens thanks to technology. This unhealthy lifestyle is a gateway for many diseases. The best cure for all is to be physically active. Games are the best way to do this. Games help us lead a healthy lifestyle. Not only physical fitness is improved but also our mental health. They help us to relax our mind as we forget all our tensions and stresses while playing games. There is also a very famous platitude, “A sound mind resides in sound health”.
I believe this is 1000% true.

Also, games help adults to widen their social circle. Playing games gives us the opportunity to meet different people. For example, I played basketball after office. I met so many people in a stadium. Some of them are good friends of mine. Most of the time we hang out together. Friends are very important because they are like a second family. Games enhance our social life. Also, through games we learn to be a better team player, which is very important to survive in a corporate culture.
Also, playing games helps us sharpen our acumen. Winning games also requires good strategies, which are sometimes very useful in the real world.
In short, games are important for all people, age does not matter when it comes to playing games as they improve both physical and mental health.

By the way, I suggest you meet @azadeh:

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,
Thanks for your help. I didn’t understand your questions.
I was asking you to rate my essay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Hi Rashika, why do you want me to "rate"your essay? Who did you write your essay for? Did you write it for me?

1 Like

I thought its an open forum for English learners and tutors like you will help me so as a request I requested you to rate my essay. If I misunderstood I am sorry

2 Likes

Well, a forum is a place to share ideas and information which involves asking and answering questions. I just would like to know more about you and your goals because very soon AI systems will be able to churn out any number of essays of the kind you are trying to compose. I just want to raise your awareness of the fact that you are probably wasting your previous time.

2 Likes

Actually, I am from India planning to give TOFEL exam. While preparing for the exam I am reading essays from your forum. So I thought this platform will help me as I have seen various post where learners like me write essays and you correct them.

2 Likes

I perfectly understand your intention and your motivation. It’s just that communicating with people, expressing your thoughts, developing critical thinking is so much more important than composing those TOEFL essays nobody is ever going to read. So, instead of worrying about the TOEFL you should engage in active and real discussions because if you, it will get much easier for you to write any type of text including a TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge or whatever essay.

1 Like