Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge...

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

I would agree with the statement that “One should never judge a person by external appearance”. In my opinion, external appearance is the not a main factor to decide about person’s character. According to my knowledge, we should spend some time to know the person, communication and understanding are the important steps to judge an unknown person.

First of all, we should spend some time to know the person, otherwise you could fail to estimate the person’s character. For instance I have a friend, because of her external appearance every one misunderstand her. I did the same mistake when I did not know her. One day, we were only two in the class that time I got a chance to know her well.

That time I realized that external appearance is not a deciding factor for the person’s character.

Next, communication is one of the main tools to know the person. Without communication we would not have an idea about the person. In my view, do not judge the person’s character by gossips. Some people see in different view, may be that is not appropriate view. In my opinion we should have a personal and face to face communication with the person then only you can judge him or her in a better and an appropriate way.

Finally, Understanding plays vital role to know the person. If you are a positive thinker then you can understand the people well. It would make friends easily and more comfortably. Some time we misunderstand by their external appearance. Some people decide person’s character by their out fit. From my point of view, if people are rich, it would mean they wear costly cloths. On the other hand, some people struggle for their studies and they would not spend much money on cloths, and they would look simple.
So we should never decide a person character by external appearance.

In conclusion, before judging the person you should spend some time to know the person, understanding and communication are the very significant.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (3)

Hi dear Rad,
Point that we never use ‘the’ before ‘not’. ‘In my opinion, external appearance is the not a main factor to decide about a person’s character.’

Thanks Mix