do you agree?newspapers and magazines are the best way to learn about a country

It is true that we can learn a lot about one country from its newspapers and magazines. However, I don’t think it is the best way to achieve this purpose, since travelling to the foreign country or learning more about its history are the other two more efficient ways.

The information reported in the newspapers and magazines could provide individuals with the latest trend and concern of one country. The political news could tell the major issues faced by the government; the fashion part could let us know the most popular fashion style among the citizens; the articles of social issues could help us have the grasp idea of the urgent problems concerned by the majorities. Therefore, the newspapers and magazines indeed are the one of the best ways of learning a country.

However, travelling to the foreign country and experiencing the real life of it is the better way to obtain a deeper idea about the country. This would be much more impressive and trustworthy than simply read the articles from the paper media. As my own experience as an example, I travelled to India last summer. Before the trip, I had read about their customs of eating with their hands, but somehow I still doubted it. When I see this with my own eyes, I should say I was still shocked. This real experience impressed me, made me believe their special customs and helped me to know more about their country.

What written in the newspapers and magazines is mostly the latest information about one country. Therefore, in order to learn more about a foreign country, we should also try to have a deeper idea about their traditions and histories. It is the way to understand their people’s thinking and the value deep in heart. For example, we Chinese have a custom of raising the elder generation, which is widely seen in each Chinese family. This custom has a big difference compared with the western country, and may somehow difficult for them to understand, while looking back the history will do them a favor. The tradition of being responsible for the old is based on the idea of Confucius, which is believed by most Chinese people. According to Confucius, the most important responsibility individuals should take is taking care of their parents. That is why we stick to this tradition. Hence, learning the traditions and histories is another efficient way to know more about a foreign country.

To put in a nutshell, newspapers and magazines are indeed good ways to fulfill the purpose of learning about a foreign country. But there are other efficient ways, such as travelling and having more ideas about its histories.

Hey!Kitos!I’m back!!:)))
I’m so curious about how this would be going!!haha
ps…The Idian part was made by myself…hmm…:stuck_out_tongue:

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Animal Behaviour

It is true that we can learn a lot about a specific country from its newspapers and magazines. However, I don’t think it is the best way to achieve this purpose, since travelling to the foreign country or learning more about its history are the other two more efficient ways.

The information reported in newspapers and magazines could provide individuals with the latest trends and concerns of a country. The political news could report the major issues currently being faced by the government; the fashion part could show us the most popular fashion styles among the citizens; the articles of social issues could help us grasp the size of the urgent problems involving the majority. Therefore, the newspapers and magazines indeed are the one of the best ways of learning a country.

However, travelling to the foreign country and experiencing the real life of it is a far better way to obtain a deeper idea about the country. This would be much more impressive and trustworthy than simply reading the articles from the paper media. Take my own experience as an example, I travelled to India last summer. Before the trip, I had read about their customs of eating with their hands, but somehow I still doubted it. When I see this with my own eyes, I should say I was still shocked. This real experience impressed me, made me believe their special customs and helped me to know more about their country.

What is written in the newspapers and magazines is mostly the latest information about one country. Therefore, in order to learn more about a foreign country, we should also try to have a deeper idea about their traditions and histories. It is the way to understand their people’s thinking and the value deep in their hearts. For example, we Chinese have a custom of taking care of the older generation, which is customary in each Chinese family. This custom is quite different when compared with the western countries, and may be somehow difficult for them to understand. Looking back into our history will give them an insight as to why we do so. The tradition of being responsible for the elderly is based on the idea of Confucius, which is believed by most Chinese people. According to Confucius, the most important responsibility individuals should have is taking care of their parents. That is why we stick to this tradition. Hence, learning the traditions and histories is another efficient way to know more about a foreign country.

To put all in a nutshell, newspapers and magazines are indeed good ways to fulfil the purpose of learning about a foreign country, but there are other efficient ways, such as travelling and having more ideas about its histories.

A very interesting essay Ailaili. Well done. Still a few problems with your structure, but you are a lovely little liar! :-))

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thanks kitos!!!haha, do you know any indian here???i’m so curious whether this custom is true or not…:stuck_out_tongue: haha!

No, I don’t.