Distance-learning programmes can never be as good as courses taken in person.

Some people think distance-learning programmes can never be as good as courses taken in person. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In this modern age, the means of teaching varies in the whole educational domain. Distance-learning programmes such as online courses have become increasingly popular to a majority of learners. However, some people suggest that such change in the trend of teaching may not be as efficient as the conventional way in the old days. In my opinion, I tend to support the current teaching system as it can bring many of the advantages which face-to-face courses cannot.
Firstly, video recorded classes can be extremely beneficial to those who would like to attend a class that has a scheduled time and may not be available. This will in turn enable them to find another time to learn the exactly same content of what was taught during the class. Secondly, unlike courses taken in big groups, distance-learning programmes normally can adjust the progress with the student’s educational level. Therefore, instead of trying awfully hard to keep up with the progress taught at school, they can learn better according to their own pace. Thirdly, online classes such as teaching via skype enables students to collect teaching materials in electronic forms promptly as the use of hard copy materials like text books is gradually decreasing. Also, aside from the distance aspect, there is actually nothing else different in particular from face-to-face classes.
To conclude, I disagree in the fact that distance-learning programmes are not as good as courses taken in person, due to all the reasons I have mentioned in my essay. Personally, I feel more likely to advocate the evolution of such learning methods as it brings unpredicted convenience to a majority of learners.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class

Some people think distance-learning programmes can never be as good as courses taken in person. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In this modern age, the means of teaching varies in the whole educational domain. Distance-learning programmes such as on-line courses have become increasingly popular WITH a majority of learners. However, some people suggest that such change in the trend of teaching may not be as efficient as the conventional way OF the old days. In my opinion, I tend to support the current teaching system as it can bring many of the advantages which face-to-face courses cannot.

Firstly, video recorded classes can be extremely beneficial to those who would like to attend a class that has a scheduled time and may not be available. This will in turn enable them to find another time to learn the EXACT same content of what was taught during the class.

Secondly, unlike courses taken in big groups, distance-learning programmes normally can adjust the progress with the student’s educational level. Therefore, instead of trying awfully hard to keep up with the progress taught at school, they can learn better according to their own pace.

Thirdly, on-line classes(,) such as teaching via skype(,) enables students to collect teaching materials in electronic forms promptly(,) as the use of hard copy materials like text books is gradually decreasing. Also, aside from the distance aspect, there is actually nothing else different in particular from face-to-face classes.

To conclude, I disagree WITH the CLAIM that distance-learning programmes are not as good as courses taken in person, due to all the reasons I have mentioned in my essay. Personally, I feel more likely to advocate the evolution of such learning methods as it brings unpredicted convenience to a majority of learners.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Your progress is excellent Nancy.

Kitos. 9/10