disentangle hair twist

‘Many Indian women use comb to disentangle their hair twist.’
What is the proper English term for it?
In our vernacular we say ‘sikku eduthal’.
Please write the colloquial word for it.

a comb

‘disentangle their hair twist’ would be better written in English as ’ untangle the knots in their hair.