diffrent jobs before a career

Kitos! I’ve just known that I’ve got 29 points in my previous Toefl test, with the total mark of more than 100. Now I am in a state of extreme excitement. And I owe my success of the writing section to your unselfish help and earnest review. Thank you so much for your company in my hard times. (:slight_smile:)

……Back to our topic, in the end of the essay, I use the word “job-hopping” to replace the the long phrase “take several different kinds of jobs”. Do you think I’m sort of shifting to another topic?

young people should take several different kinds of jobs before they decide which career to take in the long term.

Do several trials and switches in different jobs help in one’s career in the long run? Generally speaking, it doesn’t always make sense, and my reasons are as the following to support the contrary statement.

To start with, it’s not practical to afford the costs of wasting several optimum job opportunities before you start a career earnestly. Anytime, a decent and worthwhile job is not likely to be easily available to ordinary people. Just imagining how many times in your life will you encounter an offer to be a manager and get the opportunity to sample the qualified life belonging to it? The chances are awfully low. It is often the case that you eventually succeed in the pursuit of one certain job, making every effort and straining yourself, which makes it much too expensive to hop frequently. In fact, to change a job is often the last choice rather than the first.

What’s more, you choice to stay is probably attributed to the importance and difficulty of the accumulation of work experience and qualifications. Once you take one job seriously, of course the one that you have acquired though hardship and rare luck, you will start to get familiar with the procedures and earn a prestige in this field gradually, along with useful social connections with relevant people, which make the opportunity cost of abandoning the current job more expensive.

So what if you set up your mind to simply sample life and rule out any afford to strive, in order to make hopping less expensive and more realistic? That OK if you set up your mind merely to work for reflection and enjoyment, but nothing helps in your later career, because you will find yourself end up with all sorts of chores which can hardly called a “job”, such as washing dishes and counting money on the check-out, which is almost useless in your resume or anything else when it comes to your formal job. That’s all left to you as competitions nowadays are so fierce and everyone is exerting themselves to find a good job. In a word, you have no choice but to focus on one appropriate career at the beginning and strive for it afterward.

I concede that the previous job sometimes act as one stair up to success. But more often than not, to change a job is the last hope to get out of a trap. Also, given the importance to get a good knowledge of one’s ability and potential in advance, a series of characteristic tests are there to help, which can reduce some unnecessary loss of time and energy exercising in the society.

In conclusion, job-hopping is something we are consistently trying to avoid, although sometimes a desperate situation made us to. It’s never something worth pursuing under the excuse of for the sake of a “career”.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in Political Science

Kitos! I’ve just known that I’ve got 29 points in my previous Toefl test, with the total mark of more than 100. Now I am in a state of extreme excitement. And I owe my success of the writing section to your unselfish help and earnest review. Thank you so much for your company in my hard times. (:slight_smile:)

……Back to our topic, in the end of the essay, I use the word “job-hopping” to replace the the long phrase “take several different kinds of jobs”. Do you think I’m sort of shifting to another topic?

As this is supposed to be a formal essay, I don’t think you should break the trend.
Just use the flexibility of your extensive vocabulary to say what you wish.

Young people should take several different kinds of jobs before they decide which career to take in the long term.

Do several trials and switches in different jobs help in one’s career in the long run? Generally speaking, it doesn’t always make sense, and my reasons are as the following to support the contrary statement.

To start with, it’s not practical to afford the costs of wasting several optimum job opportunities before you start a career IN earnestly. Anytime A decent and worthwhile job is not ALWAYS likely to be easily available to ordinary people. Just imaginE how many times in your life will you will encounter an offer to be a manager and get the opportunity to sample the qualified life belonging to it? The chances are awfully low. It is often the case that you eventually succeed in the pursuit of one certain job, making every effort and straining yourself, which makes it much too expensive to hop frequently. In fact, to change a job is often the last choice rather than the first.

What’s more, you choice to stay is probably attributed to the importance and difficulty of the accumulation of work experience and qualifications. Once you take one job seriously, of course the one that you have acquired though hardship and rare luck, you will start to get familiar with the procedures and earn a prestige in this field gradually, along with useful social connections with relevant people, which make the opportunity cost of abandoning the current job more expensive.

So what if you MAKE up your mind to simply sample life and rule out any NEED to strive, in order to make hopping less expensive and more realistic? That OK if you MAKE up your mind merely to work for reflection and enjoyment, but nothing helps in your later career, because you will find yourself endING up with all sorts of chores which can hardly BE called a “job”, such as washing dishes and counting money AT the check-out, which is almost useless in your resume or anything else when it comes to your formal job APPLICATION. That’s all left to you as competition nowadays IS so fierce and everyone is exerting themselves to find a good job. In a word, you have no choice but to focus on one appropriate career at the beginning and strive for it BEING A SUCCESSFUL CHOICE afterward.

I concede that the previous job sometimes actS as one stair up to success. But more often than not, to change a job is the last hope to get out of a trap. Also, given the importance to get a good knowledge of one’s ability and potential in advance, a series of characteristic tests are there to help, which can reduce some unnecessary loss of time and energy exercising in the society.

In conclusion, job-hopping THE FREQUENT CHANGING OF JOBS is something we are consistently trying to avoid, although sometimes a desperate situation COMPELS us to DO SO. It’s never something worth pursuing under the excuse of DOING IT for the sake of a “career”.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad Luz, but I was expecting something really eye-opening from you. Maybe next time.

Kitos. 8.5/10