Difference between TOEIC and TOEFL

Hi everybody

Can somebody explain me the difference between the TOIEC and the TOEFL. I know that TOIEC is taken in engineer school since I’ll have to succeed on it next year. I also know that good scores are demanded on some company to work in a executive post. What is the TOEFL for ?
Thanks in advance for your reponses

Grégory PEREZ
Lyon - France

Hello Grégory PEREZ,

Welcome to our forum and many thanks for your question. You might want to read this: TOEFL vs. TOEIC

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the student services center[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you Torsten
I have understood
To summarize Toeic = business and toefl=academic

Regards
Grégory PEREZ

Yes Grégory, that pretty much sums it up. However, there seem to be more and more universities (at least here in Germany) that have started accepting TOEIC scores instead of TOEFL scores. Also, the TOEIC test is very popular in France, probably even more than in Germany. If you like, you can take a free mock TOEIC score here on our site. Are you read for it?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation in a campus cafeteria[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you
I’m not ready today but i’ll do it in the beginning of next week because i want to be sure not to be interrupted while i take the TOEIC ; no children at home, no noise.
Best regards