"Didn't he" or "weren't you"?

Oh, I understand it, but it’s hardly an example of good, clear English.

BYE!

Oh, I understand it, though it is not an example of good, clear, grammatically correct English.

In short, is “didn’t he” the “most common seen” tag for my question, according to rules, Beees? As you said in “I heard you were getting married”, “didn’t I” is what appears to be used more.
Of course I see the changes and differences in various grammar points when different pronouns are used as the subject, especially with modal verbs. E.g. “Must”'s in “I must” and “you must” are not similar in meaning.
Btw, what is the tag for ‘Let us do our homework right now.’?

Let us do our homework right now, shall we?

Let us do our homework right now, shall we?

I support Prof Valentine, a good grammarian’s view that the above sentence (without the question tag) can also mean an imperative sentence in which case the tag will be: 'will you?/won’t you? This is just because ‘let’ is likely to be construed as ‘allow’ (Let us = Allow us). However, in order to avoid this ambiguity he advocates the use of ‘Let’s’ if the tag needs to be ‘shall we?’. (You may have noticed my use of it (Let’s) elsewhere)

Let’s do our homework right now, shall we?

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

I have not slept well since this question was posted.

I need to get my sleep, so I have resolved the matter to my satisfaction.

I may be wrong. I probably am wrong.

But at least I will now be able to get some sleep.

1. NOT all sentences take a tag question.
  2. “Your father told me you were going to Paris” is one of those sentences for which a tag question is never used in real life.

Mona: I’m going to Paris next month.
James: I know.
Mona: Really? How did you know?
James: Your father told me you were going to Paris.
Mona: Oh, I see.

1. I can think of only one scenario in real life in which a tag question would make sense, and that scenario is absurd and very unlikely.

Mona: I’m going to Paris next month.
James: I know! Do you think I’m stupid?
Mona: Whoa! Why are you so angry?
James: Were you not sitting with your father and me in the kitchen last week?
Mona: Yes.
James: Don’t you remember what he told me?
Mona: What?
James: Your father told me you were going to Paris, didn’t he?
Mona: OMG! You’re right. I had forgotten.
James: Well, don’t forget next time!

1. “Your father told me you were going to Paris, weren’t you?” sounds grammatically wrong and even strange.

Now for a good night’s sleep!

This was addressed specifically to Saberlily at #26, but her name is found deleted; hence repeated.

Hello, Saberlily!

I support Prof Valentine, a good grammarian’s view that the above sentence (without the question tag) can also mean an imperative sentence in which case the tag will be: 'will you?/won’t you? This is just because ‘let’ is likely to be construed as ‘allow’ (Let us = Allow us). However, in order to avoid this ambiguity he advocates the use of ‘Let’s’ if the tag needs to be ‘shall we?’. (You may have noticed my use of it (Let’s) elsewhere)

Let’s do our homework right now, shall we?

What do you mean ‘her name is found deleted’?
Do you also consider that to be acceptable grammar, as with an earlier strange phrase in this thread? How can you find something that is not there.
‘… but her name appears to have been deleted’ would be the correct grammar, though an incorrect fact. If her name is not included, then that is because you didn’t include it.

I’m answering you becuase this is a different matter. Now, know that ‘found missing’, ‘found absent’, ‘found deleted’ are quite acceptable in InE. And what you mean by ‘appears’ when it is ‘evident’? When you accuse others of deleting your posts, can we say that it is missing (you find it missing) becuase you did not post them? Be rational when you speak something. Don’t be under the fallacious impression/expectation that what you say must be accepted by all and sundry. Please do not make me feel that I tend to begin thinking that most of what you say could be termed trash and rubbish. BYE!

You certainly seem to be feeling a little irrational today. I can’t make sense of that answer.

Any sensible person who reads it will find it sensible.

I’m getting confused…

I had difficulty accessing my post, too, at first. Was that a network failure?