Despite considerable progress towards its goal of fostering a sound and dynamic financial system,

Despite considerable progress towards its goal of fostering a sound and dynamic financial system, a number of areas still demand further attention; SBP has kept its focus on consolidating reforms introduced in preceding years and lifting the regulatory and supervisory framework to meet international best ...... (*) agendas (*) alliances (*) practices (*) programs

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/10099,despite-considerable-progress-towards-its-goal-of-fostering-a-sound-and-dynamic-financial-system-a-number-of-areas-still-demand-further-attention-sbp-has-kept-its-focus-on-consolidating-reforms-introduced-in-preceding-years-and-lifting-the-regulatory-and-supervisory-framework-to-meet-international-best-___/
3 Likes

programs

1 Like

The correct term is ‘international best practices’ which describes an established standard within an industry or domain.

2 Likes

As usual, I hesitated between practices and programs, but finally chose the wrong word because of my bit English language experience

2 Likes

Now, that we are talking about it you will memorize the correct collocation: best practices

2 Likes

Yes, sir. I hope that. Thanks.

2 Likes

I perfectly the following sentence of yours but I don’t think it’s used by native speakers:

2 Likes

All right, sir. What is the usual reply of the native speakers? = What do the native speakers usually say?

2 Likes

I very much hope for this to happen.

2 Likes

Hahaha… My reply is shorter than native speaker reply. Many thanks, sir.

2 Likes