dancing plays an important role in a culture

It must be admitted that in order to make comprehensive analysis as to whether dancing plays an important role in a culture different viewpoint on that matter must be taken into consideration. Indeed, some people might suggest that dancing has only one role and this role is to amuse people and for couple of seconds to make people to forget about their problems and difficulties in an everyday life.
However, I my opinion culture reflects in dancing and through dancing one can learn about people and what are their believes.
The most solid piece of evidence that supports my point of view is how dancing norms has changed through the centuries.
In the past people used to dance in a very different form and they had very different manners of dance then now. And what is acceptable these years, I mean in the modern culture could be very inappropriate one hundred years ago. One might suggest that those differences come from the reasons that people the entire time look for changes. And this is one of many changes that have occurred during the years. However, I think that this is not random change, and the reason for different style is because of differences in culture.
Take for example the style of dance that is very popular in my native country. The fact that women and men used to dance without touching each other said a lot about the culture of that years. These days people from opposite sexes are dancing together and they don’t have any problem with the present of each other. In contrast they prefer the couple dancing.
The points listed above suggest why in my opinion dancing has an important role in a culture. And dancing has the ability to reflect the culture and demonstrate how one culture is different from other.

Thank you :slight_smile:

TOEFL listening discussions: Two seminar classmates discussing their classwork

It must be admitted that in order to make A comprehensive analysis as to whether dancing plays an important role in a culture OR NOT, different viewpointS on that matter must be taken into consideration.
Indeed, some people might suggest that dancing has only one role, and this role is to amuse people, and for A couple of seconds to make people to forget about their problems and difficulties in an THEIR everyday LIVES.

However, IN my opinion culture reflects in dancing, and through dancing one can learn about people and what are their belieFs.
The most solid piece of evidence that supports my point of view is how dancing norms HAVE changed through the centuries.
In the past people used to dance in a very different form and they had very different manners of dance then now THAN DANCERS TODAY.
What is DEEMED acceptable these /years/DAYS, I mean in the /modern/TODAYS/ culture, /could be/WOULD HAVE BEEN/ very inappropriate one hundred years ago.

One might suggest that those differences come from the reasons that people TODAY the entire time look for changes, and this is one of THE many changes that have occurred during the years. However, I think that this is not random change, and the reason for different styleS is because of differences in culture.

Take for example the style of dance that is very popular in my native country. The fact that women and men used to dance without touching each other said a lot about the culture of THOSE years. These days people from opposite sexes are dancing together, and they don’t have any problem with the CLOSENESS of each other. In contrast they prefer the couple dancing.

The points listed above suggest why in my opinion dancing has an important role in a culture. Dancing has the ability to reflect the culture and demonstrate how one culture is different from ANother.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Jenny. This was OK, but below your usual high standard.

Kitos. 7.5/10

Dear Kitos, thank you very much for your help and willingness to assist. Well, I took a short brake since the last time I’ve posted an essay here and I think that this is the reason why my current assay wasn’t very good. I did the toefl two weeks ago, and just got the score. It is 91, and for the business school that I what to enroll to I need 100. Writing is the most challenging part for me, so I think that in the near future I will write much more assays. If you have any suggestions how in your opinion I can improve my score I would more than happy to hear.
Thank you,
Jenny

Good morning Jenny. I’m sorry to hear that you received low marks in your test.

To write well you need to acquire a better understanding of the language. The structure of the sentences, punctuation and vocabulary.To achieve this you need to take every possibly opportunity to read English. Your basic English is already good, so put down the grammar books and read English publications, newspapers, magazines, etc,.
Find articles that interest you, and read about things you already know. This will help to better understand passages that you might have difficulty with, because you will already have a good idea of what is being said.
As I have already said many times, read out loud. This will help you to improve your speaking voice, and the more often you do this the quicker you will become familiar with the language. Keep using the Voice Recorder, and posting your ideas there.

We all wish you good luck.

Kitos.