Crime and gun control

CRIME AND GUN CONTROL.

a. What has caused the increase in the number of cases of apparently normal people who use their guns to kill several people (children, bystanders, etc.)?
b. What society can do in order to prevent these cases?
c. Requirements for gun licenses to prevent these problems.

Nowadays the crime is increasing and from my point of view it is because the stress of life is very high, the TV show us a lot of violence films and many people have a weapon in their homes. For these reasons and others else, it is why the number of crimes is increasing and I am going to mention in the following paragraphs.

First, it is usual to hear in the news that someone has killed several people in a school, during a football match or in any supermarket of the town. The question is why someone does this? The answer could be that it is a person who has a mental disease. Nowadays, and especially in the big cities, we live a stressful life. Furthermore, the economic troubles could affect to the people and these troubles could entail to commit a crime. Also, many times these crimes are due to jealous between the couples and lately there are a lot of news where we can hear that a husband have killed his wife.

In regard to the question as to the society can do something in order to prevent these crimes, I think so, but also I think that the government could be something else and especially the justice should be harder with these people. On the other hand it is the education. It is the main pillar in order to get in the future a better behaviour of the people and more respect between each other.

Finally, there are many people who have their own weapon in their homes and many of them they have not the clearance to have a weapon. The laws in many countries, such as USA, do not control as well as they should, and for this reason is why there are so many crimes in USA and other countries like this everyday.

To sum up, I have to say that I do not agree with the laws of many countries and if I were the president or the person who could change the laws, I would change them quickly. I only would allow to carry or to be the owner of a weapon, the police, the army, the security units and people like this. I know perfectly that the hunters need to have their rifles, but they would must to do before a psychology exam and to control that they should have a proper place where to put the weapon in their homes and their children cannot catch them. If everyone buys a weapon to self-defense, this world will seem The Far West.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (4)

Hello, could anyone to check my essay please?
Thanks in advance.

Nowadays the crime is ON THE increasE and from my point of view it is because the stress of life is very high(.)
TV showS us a lot of violenT films and many people have weaponS in their homes. For these reasons and others else, THIS is why the number of crimes ARE increasing and I am going to ILLUSTRATE THEM in the following paragraphs.

First, it is NOT UNusual to hear in the news that someone has killed several people in a school, during a football match or in a supermarket.
The question is why someone does this? The answer could be that it is a person who has a mental disease. Nowadays, and especially in the big cities, we live a stressful life. Furthermore, the economic troubles could affect theSE people and these troubles could entail AN ATTEMPT to commit a crime.
Also, many times these crimes are due to jealousY between couples, and lately there IS a lot of news where we can hear that a husband HAS killed his wife.

In regard to the question as to WEtheR society can do something in order to prevent these crimes, I think so, but also I think that the government could be something else, and especially the COURTS should be harder with these people. On the other hand it is ALSO A FAULT OF theIR education. EDUCATION is the main pillar in order to get a better behaviour of the people and more respect between each other.

Finally, there are many people who have their own weaponS in their homes and many of them they have not the clearance to have SUCH weaponS.
The laws in many countries, such as THE USA, do not control as well as they should, and for this VERY reason THAT is why there are so many crimes in USA and other countries like this everyday.

To sum up, I have to say that I do not agree with the laws of many countries, and if I were the president or the person who could change the laws, I would change them quickly.
I only would allow the owner of a weapon, the police, the army, the security units and people like this TO CARRY SUCH WEAPONS.

I know perfectly WELL that the hunters need to have their rifles, but they SHOULD HAVEto do a psychology exam BEFORE BEING GIVEN A LICENSE.
THEN they should have a proper place to STORE the weapon in their homes SO THAT their children cannot REACH them. If everyone WERE TO buy a weapon FOR self-defense, this world will seem LIKE The WILD West.

Whatever happened to that person Lighgun, you know, the one with the excellent vocabulary? You can do better than this Lighgun … make sure you do next time. :-))

Thank you very much, my teacher. I’m glad to read your reply again. I’ll promise you that I will try to do better next time.
Thanks.