Creating sentences using the words, refill, initiate, set up and etc

• One of the job description of a server is to refill condiments when they have ran low.

• One of the task that needs to be performed by server is to refill condiments when they have ran low.

• The cashier is setting up/initiating the payment on the payment terminal (debit/credit card machine).

• The debit/credit card machine was not set up /initiated for making payment yet, I waited for a while for the screen to instruct/tell me to insert or tap my card. I had to tell the cashier to re-set up the payment process on the machine.

• The debit/credit machine has not been set up/initiated for payment yet because the screen/page that ask customer/user to insert or tap card has not appear on the screen. I had to tell the cashier to re-set up the payment process on the machine. ( Can I use the word initiate or set up?).

Can I write the above sentences in such ways?

1 Like

A waiter’s job includes replenishing condiments when they run low.

The cashier sets up or initiates payment at the payment terminal (debit/credit card machine).

The debit/credit card machine was not yet set up for payment, I waited a while until the screen instructed/asked me to insert or tap my card. I had to ask the cashier to restart the payment process on the machine.