Crazy occurence when listening to second language

George Bush speaks more fluently than Tony Blair
It’s so strange and fantastic :smiley:

Hi Hercules, a very good friend, too!

Thanks for your congratulations and the promise of support. :wink:

I think, you and me and spencer, of course, [size=75](although he is currently changing his professional direction) [/size]are the ones who had made the biggest professional changings since we met at this site first. Not that all the other members possibly are sleeping :oops: there are students, as much as I know, Pamela for instance is working on her carrier and so on… In this sense I?m excited who is getting a new job next.

However, good luck to every else who is hunting.

Michael

Hi Conchita!

You?re a very good friend, too. I mean, one always can count on your good wishes. Thanks for wishing good vibes (I consider vibes to mean good vibrations, doesn?t it?)

Michael

Hi Tamara, Hi Amy!

Interesting, beside your good intentions you always find a good reason for discuss any point. (delibaration…)

Amy got my point when she referred to the advising a customer and normally I would have used this word. But as the task for me includes the sell a product to the customer, too, of course not too aggressiv but you always must have that in mind, ??m not sure whether I should?ve used advising rather than deliberate and I?m still not sure.

I mean, like Amy wrote: delibaration has to do with the deciding-process and that is where you must intervene when you want to sell your products.

On the other hand I also must provide some good advise for the customer for his decision-process for free to get kept in good mind at him. That is the way I understood Amy?s explanation of consulting.

Now, what word would you recommend for me for the discussion initializing point? Like I mentioned, I?m not really sure.

Michael

:lol:

Hey our sleepy members …get up and study hard :lol:

Nice to see you Michael … :roll:

Herc

(Having consulted with two dictionaries, I’m deliberately choosing Michael-the-adviser :slight_smile: )
:slight_smile:

Tamara, puuuh… is that really the picture of mine that you have in mind? :cry: I mean have you read what wikipedia offers for adviser/advisor?

That?s the first part of wikipedia?s explanation. I definitely would prefer to be the one in the second part of it:

:lol:

Looking forward to a pleasant answer from you :wink:

Michael

Hi!

I’m terribly sorry for making your bright ‘picture’ like this: :frowning:

:slight_smile:

…Michael, I’ve never been to the US :slight_smile:

In the UK both – advisor and adviser - are used equivalently. And quite seriously (in terms of ??? :slight_smile: )
Have a look at these (randomly chosen on two UK job sites) job descriptions:
Financial Adviser
Insurance Sales Advisor (see Client Servicing)
Mortgage Advisor

P.S.
…You’re wise and pleasant Michael, regardless of any job roles you will / have hunt[size=100]ed[/size] out. :slight_smile:

Hi Michael
I didn’t expect that I would stumble onto my nickname in this thread. That was really surprising. :wink: I think you forgot to mention our good and active members Tamara and Tom. :lol: :wink: I am full of praise for the HUGE progress they are making.

I’m not a student except for my part-time study but if you mean my being here as a student I’d rather agree with you.

Hi Tamara!

Well, I read the job-offerings you referred to as an evidence for the serious use of adviser/advisor. I think, now I can accept to become an adviser. 8)

Thanks for clarifying that expression and thanks for your pretty pleasant P.S. :smiley: It sweetened my recent days. :wink:

Michael

Hi Pamela!

I must admit that we left the track of the topic?s initial theme and came to some other ones.

So, I hope you didn?t feel annoid when I mentioned you in interdependence with the job-search. I mean, from some of your former posts I understood that you finished studying indeed but you?re working on your professional development, too. I beg your pardon if I?d have missinterpreted you.

Seriously, I envy Tamara and Tom for their great progress in the English and don?t hesitate to admit that. Often enough, when I?m just lurking :oops: I can figure out some difficulties in the English I would never come across on my own. So it?s always interesting to watch their posts.

And also interesting are your posts even if I must admit that I likely wasn?t capable of reading them all. So I possibly have overseen what your current job/profession is and what you study in part-time. Please forgive my being inquisitive when I ask you here for some information. It?s just a question and you don?t need to answer if you don?t want.

Michael

Quote:

deliberation of customers

I think it means the slowness, the sluggishness of customers, or their circumspection in bying the product. AS he’ll work in sales department his task will be to speed up the customers when they are too cautios, simply to convince them to make that step.

deliberation of customers

I think it means the slowness, the sluggishness of customers, or their circumspection in bying the product. AS he’ll work in sales department his task will be to speed up the customers when they are too cautios, simply to convince them to make that step.

(I’ve mistaken puting this reply to another topic).

WOW moniker, you exactly expressed what I intended to say but in a better English!

I mean, to sale something always requires the trader or salesclerk to force the customer?s or client?s insight for the necessarity to buy it or at least the desire to get the provided article. It?s rather obvious when you think about a car-trader. They often are that skilly in forcing the customer?s desire that it is very hard to stand it finally, isn?t it?

Michael

Sorry for having retarded the answer, Fan of Arabian horses (by the way, it’s a bit uncomfortable to refer to you with this name, kind of long or…) and thanks for lauding my English. It’s so shaky and really needs an encouragement.
I am glad if I came close to your prospective job description.
Instead of “necessarity” maybe it’d be better to use “necessity”. I don’t think “necessarity” exists in our language. I mean English. By now it’s almost our language. We all are addicted to it.
Good job to you!

Sorry, I didn’t noticed your name in the closing. Michael is simpler and easier. Is it pronounced in English way like /maikl/ or in German or Franch?

Hi moniker!([size=75]By the way, you also chose an unusual nickname[/size])

Thanks for correcting my silly mistake necessarity=>necessity.

There isn?t anything to apologize. We all do have some other tasks and issues beside of talking at the site, so that we don?t can chat or write here the whole day long.

Regarding my name: your pronounciation in English is correct.
In German you would pronounce it like you read it, whereas the “i” would sound like the English “e”, the “a” like the “u” in us and the “e” like the English “a”. I don?t know how familar you are with the German but as you asked I?d like to add that the German “ch” sounds more like the whisperring of a snake or the spitting of a cat.
In France my name would be “Michel” for a man/boy. Whereas the “i” and the “e” would be pronounced like in German and the “ch” like in the English “kitchen”.

Hope I didn?t exaggerate my explanations but till now I don?t have any information about your mother-language. Might be you introduced yourself at the new-member-forum. If so, I failed not looking there and it?s on me to apologize.

Michael

Hi

[size=92](Taking the opportunity to become acquainted :))[/size]
can I ask, whether moniker / monicker is just a (perhaps, AmE?) slangy word for ‘nickname’?

Right you are, Tamara – ‘moniker/monicker’ is slang for ‘name’ or ‘nickname’.

It’s also the way some British people would pronounce the noun Monica followed by a vowel sound, e.g. ‘Monica is…’:['monik9riz].

I was searching for my nickname for this forum and as I couldn’t select any, I called myself just moniker which would be exactly a slang version for nickname. My real name is nice, but here I prefer to be called as Moniker.
Introducing myself to the forum? I don’t know what to say that might be interesting for you. If you permit I don’t reveal my native language for some personal reasons. I see the people of my nationality through the forum and I’ve chosen to remain in the shade. It’s much more engaging to speak with unknown persons for me. About myself I can say few words. I studied classical (dead) languages and speak fluently one Romance (live) language and I’m familiar with German, not proficient in speaking it though. I’ve worked as a researcher and as an interpreter. Now I have this passion for English. I wish my English were flowing as a liquid melody, but it’s not that good yet. So it’s my high hope and I don’t give up it untill… you know.