Countless multitudes :-)

Hi

innumerable, innumerous, multitudinous, myriad, numberless, uncounted, unnumberable, unnumbered, countless, infinite

Can you point ‘the less emotional’ and ‘the most emotional’ word of all those synonyms?

I’d start by dumping a few of those words from your list, Tamara.

First on the dump list: the obsolete word unnumerable.

And I’d never even use innumerous.

Potentially on the removal list: uncounted, which could refer only to a small pile of say 20 things and the exact number isn’t known yet because nobody has gotten around to counting. This word doesn’t always mean “countless” and isn’t always a synonym. Probably for this reason it would be the weakest “emotionally” :wink:

How’s that for a start? 8)

Good start, Amy, many thanks for that :slight_smile:

OK.

I could add a long list instead of removed items – incalculable, measureless, incomputable, immeasurable, etc… - but won’t :slight_smile:

I also don’t need any mathematical terms, like non-enumerable; inenumerable; nondenumerable; I know their meanings.

To be more specific: I just need a word from the list :slight_smile: (with that meaning) to use with examples, or maybe cases, in (almost :)) neutral form - to say something like 'one can find there (in some books) “more than enough” number of examples that demonstrate/validate ….bla-bla-bla… ’

The second question (about ‘most emotional’…) was asked just inquisitively :slight_smile:

endless? (number of examples)