Could someone rate this TOEFL Writting essay for me? Thanks! The topic is: It is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject

The topic of knowing many subjects instead of one is controversial. Some people believes that usually people should be specialized on only one subject to make it perfect as possible. However. I have an opposite idea. I believe that human being should know different knowledge areas to be more efficient in a society and more productive. Through the following paragraphs, I will develop several reasons on my belief.

To begin with, having the knowledge of many areas enable humans to be open minded. In fact, by studying the philosophy, math, physics, etc, people can enhance their capabilities on understanding what is going on around them. For instance, many scientists from the past decades were philosophers and astronomers at the same time. One of these famous scientists was Albert Einstein. This genius was known by its brilliant theories about the planets and how can we compute the nuclear energies. However, behind these theories was a philosopher mind. Although Albert Einstein did not do any experiment to prove his theories, his philosophy about the astronomy was sufficient to develop them and many of them were proved in the recent years, such as the black hole. As a result, knowing different subjects enhances our chance to understand our universe.

Furthermore, opening his own company demands knowledge on different skills. In the most famous companies, business owners are not limited in only one scientific area but in many of them. To elucidate this point, we can take the example is Elon Musk.
Today, this man has at least three companies and all of them are working in different fields. At first, Elon was facing a lot of difficulties to make the this growth. One time, USA government asked SpaceX, which is Elon’s company specialized on manufacturing space ships, to build one satellite in the outer space. This project has failed three times. However, Musk was a good leadership. Although he is an engineering student, he has good skills on how to communicate with people and how to convince them to improve their products. After the third fail, he arranged his teams and he encouraged them to work harder in order to achieve their dream. Therefore, employees get the incentive to work day and night to success the project. Eventually, at the forth trial after four years, the satellite was positioned in the right orbit in the space. Because of the scientific knowledge of Elon Musk and his good skills in communicating with his team members, he was able to achieve the company’s goal and avoid an expected bankruptcy.

Finally, to know many subjects enhances our chances to get more opportunities of job positions. This is too important for someone who wants to get better career. For instance, in my first job I learned lot of skills in the finance area. However, I was lacking the computer skills. Therefore, in my second job, I get the opportunity to improve my computer science skills. As a result, I got the chance to work in many other companies.

To conclude, it is too important for us, as human being, to have knowledge on different subject. In fact, we are needed to understand all what passes around us so we can improve our way of life today and for the next generations in the future.

2 Likes

I think you might get a score between 9 and 12.

1 Like