corrupt/corrupted

1. corrupted data/file
  2. corrupted officials/men/government
    Why we say #1 - phrase is correct while #2 - phrase is incorrect?
    could any one help me?
  3. corrupt officials/men/government
    Usually people use #3 - phrase instead of #2-phrase.
    Please comment

#2 is fine, as is #3. #1 is more common because someone or something corrupts the files; it is not a part of their nature. #2 is more common because corruption is part of those officials’ nature.

Mister Micawber,
I infer from your statements that ‘corrupt’ and ‘corrupted’ can be used interchangeably.
Are these correct?

1. It’s high time for voters to vote out the corrupt government.
  2. It’s high time for voters to vote out the corrupted government.
  3. The presence of one corrupted member in the council led to bad administration.
  4. The presence of one corrupt member in the council led to bad administration.
  5. Don’t allow the corrupt people to enter politics.
  6. Don’t allow the corrupted people to enter politics.

No, sorry, that’s not what I intended to convey. Native speakers choose one or the other according to the differences I indicated (or perhaps they see them as collocations); in any case, both are grammatical, but one sounds natural while the other does not– or they convey different meanings:

1. It’s high time for voters to vote out the corrupt government.-- The nature of the government.
2. It’s high time for voters to vote out the corrupted government.-- It has recently become corrupted by some agent.

Your other pairs of sentence indicate a similar nuance. The ‘-ed’ participle suggests something that happened to the noun; the other form suggests its intrinsic nature.

Hello Mister Micawber,

My question would be:
After high time can we use an infinitive also and isn’t obligatory to use a simple past for expressing to sb should do sth soon?

Many thanks.
Regards:
Kati Svaby

“It’s (high) time that -” is an idiomatic structure that often takes the subjunctive:

It’s high time he were in bed.
It’s time I watered the begonias.

However. there are other ways of expressing this, and the infinitive is one of them:

It’s time for me to water the begonias.
It’s high time for him to be in bed.

Many thanks Mister Micawber,

I really didn’t hear about this. It is very important.
Regards:
Kati Svaby

Mister Micawber,
Can I say:

1. It was high time he were in bed.
  2. It was high time he had gone to college.
  3. It was time I watered the begonias.

I don’t believe that the dependent verb regresses when the idiomatic ‘It’s time’ is cast into the past. That would make #1 and #3 correct and #2 should read ‘went’.

Mister Micawber,
I couldn’t understand your phrase - “#2 should read ‘went’.”.
How this - " It was high time he had gone to college." should be?
Please elaborate a little more.
Thanks.

It was high time he went to college.

Hello Allafathima,

Believe that Mister Micawber’s said everything about this. I never saw that we could use a past perfect tense after it 's time… or after :it’s high time…
The key: for sb
If you put for sb you can use infinitive;
without for sb. you have to use simple past that in this case a subjunctive to emphasise this idea.

It’s high time for him to to go to college.
It’s high time he went to college.