Content Creation Plan (CCP) 2021

Hi @Torsten!

As promised, here are five topics I’d like to cover next. They’re each connected to degrowth, but I want to cover the surrounding issues first.

1. The Lauderdale Paradox: Need vs Want
  2. Does Degrowth Mean Imminent Recession?
  3. McMansions: A Surprising Source of Environmental Degradation
  4. GDP’s Importance on Individual Lives
  5. Artificial Scarcity Today: There Is Enough – Just Not For You

Let me know what you think!

4 Likes

Hi Sumejja, yes these are great topics because all the questions and aspects related to them will be gaining importance and popularity for the years to come so I look forward to reading your articles and questions.

2 Likes

@Sumejja I really enjoyed reading the questions you wrote for my texts. (: A lot of them are things I never would have thought of myself; I especially liked “Choose an alternative title for the text.” Thank you!

@Sean-C Your topics look interesting, and I’m looking forward to reading your texts and creating questions for them.

4 Likes

Hey everyone! I like how @Sean-C, @Sumejja and @Claire have teamed up to write a batch of joint texts. @Tamar would you be interested in partnering together to work on some of our own? After you left the chat Thursday I told @Torsten I’d reach out to you and see if this was something you’d like to try. We could each write our own texts and then write the multiple choice Q&As for each other’s texts. We could start with say five texts each and see how it goes? Let me know what you think! Thanks.

4 Likes

Hey @tim_m! Sure, I would be interested in teaming up with you to write more texts. What kind of deadline did you have in mind for us to swap our articles?

3 Likes

Hi everyone, just a quick note to let you know Sumejja’s and Claire’s latest creations are online with one of them being introduced here:

2 Likes

Hi @Tamar. Maybe we can swap five articles by Friday? What’s your schedule like this week?

1 Like

Hey @tim_m, This week is pretty busy for me, so I think realistically I could get my articles done by Wednesday, June 10th (that’s the deadline Torsten gave me). But, things can always change and I could get them done quicker depending on how I manage my other projects. However, if you are finished your articles by Friday, feel free to send them over my way and I could still create questions for them. Let me know what your thoughts are about this!

4 Likes

Hi @Claire, hi @Sean-C!

I’ve finished my batch for this week. Are we still keeping the same system as last week (Sean doing my questions, and I get Claire’s) or should we switch it up? It’s honestly all the same to me.

Let me know who I should share them with!

3 Likes

Hey! Sure – happy to stay consistent :slight_smile: Send 'em through to me when you get a moment and I’ll take care of the Qs.

4 Likes

Hi, @Sumejja and @Sean-C! Keeping the same system as last week works for me as well. @Sumejja, I should have my texts finished this weekend, although I’m not in a hurry to get the questions back or anything, so anytime you get to them next week is fine by me.

3 Likes

Ok, no worries, just send them over whenever you can. We’ll keep in touch!

3 Likes

Hi @Sean-C and @Claire, thank you very much for creating the exercise about how coronavirus has been contributing to business innovation especially in South Africa. Both the text as well as the questions are very well written and make a for a great learning experience.

4 Likes

Yeah so we should have 10 texts (5 each) ready to submit by June 10 then, right? When should we exchange them? I was thinking by Monday, the 8th? That will give us a few days to write questions and have them finisihed up by the 10th. How does that sound? @Torsten, your thoughts?

2 Likes

Hi Tim, yes this sounds good to me.

Hey Tim , sounds like a plan! We’ll share via Google Docs?

3 Likes

That works for me, @Tamar.

1 Like

Sean’s piece on how to write a freelance CV has been getting quite some traffic. Apparently, due to the corona pandemic more potential freelancers are looking for information and advice on how to get started.

5 Likes

Hi @Sumejja, questions for your latest are done :). @Claire I’ll send you some texts asap!

3 Likes

Thanks @Sean-C, perfect timing, and the questions look great as usual!

1 Like