Content plan January -- April 2023

Hi again Tamar, the topics you are planning to write about are very interesting and I am looking forward to reading your articles and answering your comprehension questions :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you! And just to clarify the length of each article: each one should be about 150-250 words, right?

1 Like

Yes, that’s our current format but you can test longer texts as well. Just give us some feedback on what kind of texts you feel most comfortable with.

1 Like

Hi @Tamar, I too look forward to seeing the topics you are planning to cover, especially the one about smartphones because African countries have now started developing and producing their own devices which is a very positive development.

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, @Leonika. It’s great to have you here. I’m in Cape Town. Have a great evening! Take care, Andrea

2 Likes

Hello my dear content creators, does anyone want to turn the following into a reading comprehension exercise?

1 Like

@Torsten I’m okay to write any length of text. I just wanted to make sure my word count was around the same as the rest of the articles. :slightly_smiling_face:@Natalia_Polteva Thanks! :blush: I found these topics really interesting as well. I think they can be turned into engaging articles so I’m excited to see how they turn out!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’ve just uploaded @tim_m 's How Blockchain and Tokenization Could Be Used as a Debt Instrument | english.best and I’m excited by the idea of replacing tradiaitonal loan instruments with blockchain based tokenization systems. @Sumejja, what do you say about this topic?

I have also added the other 9 texts Tim has written as part of our Blockchain and tokenization to fight inequality project and am certain a lot of people will greatly benefit from those brilliant ideas.

3 Likes

Hi Torsten.

I was thinking of doing topics about AI, virtual reality and something closer to home, like the rhino poaching. Does that seem okay?

2 Likes

Absolutely Leonika. You can choose your own topics as long as you can identify yourself with them and we will see what kind of response your pages get. I look forward to seeing your first exercises.

1 Like

Hi @Andrea. I’m in Nelspruit. We’re on opposite side of the country, but both equally beautiful in it’s own way. Nice to meet you and have a wonderful week.

3 Likes

Thanks @Leonika! Nice to meet you too. Yes, I agree with you! Have a great week too. :hugs:

1 Like

Hi @Natalia_Polteva, thanks for tagging me in this! What an interesting topic - great choice, @tim_m. Honestly, I like that you point out how much cheaper everything would be without commissions/fees because that’s often a huge part of why people switch to new solutions, but I especially like the additional layer of security and transparency that blockchain brings. This is a great topic, I can’t wait to read more about it.

3 Likes

Hi All – Finally free to start creating work for you guys! Here’s a list of articles I found from which I can make comprehension tests. With your say so, I can begin working on them asap.

1. The Cold Water Therapy Trend - Genius or Crazy?

2. The Truth About Processed Foods

3. Darkness’ Effect on The Body and Brain

4. Cancer Fighting Cells Discovered by Accident
    Immune cell that kills most cancers discovered by accident by British scientists 

5. How Much Fat Should We Have In Our Diet?

6. Will Computers Ever Be Fully Conscious?

7. Black Hole 40 Times Bigger Than The Sun Discovered

8. Scientists Can Transfer Data Through Music

9. Are Private Schools a Cure or a Disease in the UK? Britain's Labour Party Plans to Abolish Private Schools - The Atlantic

10. Car Window ‘Splatter Tests’ Show How Insects Are Dying Out

As a new member, I was only allowed to post 2 links, but I’ve got them all on a doc to refer to.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

2 Likes

Hi Sean, I like all the topics you have listed here and look forward to seeing your exercises based on them.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Hope you all have been having a great week so far. @Torsten, here are some articles I sourced for my next texts. I’ve written on articles 9 and 10 before, but they have information in them I still want to cover.

1. Humanity is more important than money — it’s time for capitalism to get an upgrade |

2. China’s Huawei Charged With Racketeering, Stealing Trade Secrets - WSJ

3. China’s coronavirus app could have unintended consequences | MIT Technology Review

4. How technology will reshape airports before 2030 | CNN Travel

5. New Documentary "Coded Bias" Explores How Tech Can Be Racist And Sexist : Code Switch : NPR

6. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sofi-supercharges-debit-credit-cards-170000823.html

7. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/12/technology/new-yorkers-tech-training.html

8. What It's Like to Work Out With Tonal, a $3,000 High-Tech Home Gym

9. Fighting Wealth Inequality with Blockchain and Tokenization [Deep Dive] | HackerNoon

10. 6 Big Tech antitrust issues about Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook - Vox

Also, I have been working on creating content for the project we discussed last Sunday (more extensive reading comprehension texts and writing prompts). I should have my first potential PDF finished and over to you by Saturday, so maybe we can discuss it over another video call this Sunday. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Hi Tim, all these topics are great so I look forward to seeing your next exercises featuring them. I’m particularly thrilled by the fact that indeed humanity is way more important and so much bigger than just plain old capitalism. And yes, let’s do another video call this Sunday :+1:.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! :wave: @Torsten I know I already handed in my articles, but if the forum is the primary way to communicate, is there another way you prefer me to upload future articles? Just let me know. Looking forward to hearing what you thought about my work! :blush:

1 Like

Hello Tamar, the easiest way to share your materials with us is via Google Drive. Your first exercises will be online by tomorrow evening and you will be able to collect some feedback so please watch this space :sunglasses:. Many thanks for your great work.

Thanks, Torsten. :slight_smile: I’ll do that for the next batch. Do you give a link out when the questions are posted or is there one I can head to? I’m excited to see what happens! :smiley:

2 Likes