Content plan January -- April 2023

Hi @torsten! No, not too many ideas at all, I like it!

Kelly

1 Like

Good evening Kelly, in this case how about creating an exercise on the following article which highlights the fact that due to the corona virus more people have started working from home. We long have had the necessary technology to work together by sharing documents and resources and communicating asynchronously which, if applied correctly, can produce much better results than working the old fashioned way. Yet, we had to wait for the current pandemic to hit the world economy until we finally looked into using platforms and systems like Slack in combination with Trello to collaborate on international projects:

1 Like

Hi @Torsten! Yes to this definitely! We do always seem to wait for a disaster to implement these things, donā€™t we! On the list, thank you for all these lovely ideas, I see I have a lot of interesting reading ahead :relaxed:

Kelly

2 Likes

The story I have enjoyed reading most for the past few days or even weeks is Sumejjaā€™s essay below and I am going to share some more thoughts on it this weekendā€¦

3 Likes

Hi @Torsten :smiley: I finished the second batch of reading comprehension questions. Let me know your feedback! :+1:

2 Likes

Hello Tamar, I like all of your ten units, you have chosen interesting topics and written great articles and useful questions so I look forward to your next batch. Please do let me know if you need any support or have any questions. By the way, thank you very much for adding your photo to your profile, it makes the entire process a little bit more human :grin::+1:. Also, have just become aware of Wordhoney - - I like the name and concept and would be interested in learning how you got started as a self-employed content creator and online entrepreneur as part of Why did you start freelancing? (New job)

Let me know what you think. Regards, Torsten

1 Like

@Torsten Iā€™ve sent you the new texts.
Any ideas or recommendations for next week?
Look forward to your response.
Have a wonderful weekend.

2 Likes

Hi all, and a very happy Friday to you!

Iā€™m lining up my next batch of tests on the following topics:

• Engineers have found a way to generate electricity from thin air.

• The unexpected benefits of intermittent fasting.

• The undeniable link between gut health and mental health.

• The best sleeping position (according to science).

• The results of Finlandā€™s Universal Basic Income Experiment.

• Can photography save this amazon tribe? (The photographer fighting to save an ancient culture - BBC Culture)

• How far are we from autonomous cars?

• The amazing extra benefits of being bi-lingual

• Is working from home good or bad for the environment? (Why working from home might be less sustainable - BBC Worklife)

• Machines can now tell if youā€™re a ā€œcultural fitā€ for your job.

Any overlaps and Iā€™ll be happy to rethink!

Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks @Torsten :smiley: I wasnā€™t sure how it was best to share my google document with you last night so I hope that it was okay to post the link to my articles here on the forum. And yes, I will definitely contribute a story on how I got started as a freelancer and why I chose the name Wordhoney, but this story probably wonā€™t be available until next week or so. Iā€™ve found that Iā€™m really interested in topics that involve science and biology and Iā€™ve been watching a Netflix series called ā€œBabiesā€ and itā€™s a documentary series that chronicles the growth of babies within their first year of life. Itā€™s so interesting to me that Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s okay to write some articles based of the information in this series. Of course, Iā€™ll keep the word count conservative and write as Iā€™ve been normally writing, but I think these would be interesting topics to cover. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well. And welcome to all of the new additions to our team. Here are some articles Iā€™ve been reading up on for my next batch of TOEIC texts:

1. Humanity is more important than money ā€” itā€™s time for capitalism to get an upgrade | (Part 2)

2. Could micro-credentials compete with traditional degrees? - BBC Worklife

3. What legal tech jobs are available for new lawyers?

4. Apple CEO kicks off Ed Farm tech education initiative in Birmingham

5. Time Banking Helps Build Individuals, Organizations And Communities

6. Dan Gartenberg: The brain benefits of deep sleep -- and how to get more of it | TED Talk

7. https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2020/02/10/bitcoin-us-government-billion-auction-criminal-seized-sales-btc-cryptocurrency/

8. This is Amazon's newest grocery store concept | CNN Business

9. Coronavirus is the first test for AI, robots, and drones that can prevent pandemics - Vox

10. CRISPR developer Jennifer Doudna on Reset podcast: How the gene-editing technology works - Vox

@Torsten, Iā€™m also planning on writing my essay on ā€œWhy I Started Freelancing?ā€ this Monday. I hope I can use parts of the essay or all of it to help promote my workbook, too @Natalia_Polteva. I should have a solid product description for you next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m very intrigued by this! Have you heard of a company called WiTricity? They are one of the leaders in the field of inductive charging of EVā€™s but I havenā€™t heard about a technology that allows you to generate electricity from thin air.

Iā€™m looking forward to this one since I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting and kind of like it.

When I first read this one I thought you used the German word for ā€˜goodā€™ which is ā€˜gutā€™ :wink:

Iā€™m curious :wink:

Anything to do with UBI is interesting and useful. As a matter of fact, Iā€™m thinking of starting an entire series of articles and exercises related to universal basic income now that Andrew Yang might be running for office in 2024ā€¦

I hope there is a way of saving as many indigenous tribes and cultures as possible because no amount of money can ever bring them back.

I think we are pretty close especially if you look at Tesla and the fact that autonomous driving level 3 has already been achieved. Also, autonomous driving is a big game changer in the trucking industry so I would reckon that within the next 5 years we are going to see some major progress. So, I look forward to your articleā€¦

This is an interesting one especially from the perspective of an English native speaker. As @Sumejja puts it in her essay Freelance as an Entrance Point to Freedom - Articles | english.best ā€œNowadays, only speaking your native language makes you practically illiterate.ā€ One of the reasons why Germany has started falling behind in almost every single field now is that many Germans are resistant to learning languages. They watch a lot of American TV series and movies but they are all dubbed. As a matter of fact, Germany has the biggest dubbing industry in the world. If you look at the the stars you will see that about 1% of the worldā€™s population speak German so not learning any other languages is tantamount to becoming an isolated nation.

I think we need a completely new definition of the word ā€˜workā€™ because most of what we call ā€˜workā€™ are actually bullshit jobs that harm our environment much more than they do good.

Great!

2 Likes

Hello @Tamar!
Your 10 new tests are online now:

Thank you for creating them! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Hello @Leonika!

Iā€™ve added your 3 new tests:

Thank you very much! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hello @Sean-C!

Your 10 new tests are online:

Thank you for creating them!
I am very upset that there is no possibility of teleportation :pleading_face:

1 Like

@Sean-C, is there any way you can create a follow-up exercise covering particle teleportation and quantum teleportation to make Natalia happy :grin: after all?

1 Like

Hi @Natalia_Polteva
Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Hi @Torsten and @Natalia_Polteva, I hope youā€™re both well! Did my piece on the e-krona come over okay on Friday? I aim to get you another one by the end of today!

Thanks,

Kelly

2 Likes

Good morning Kelly, welcome back. Did you have a good weekend? Yes, Natalia has added your latest exercise to the site but apparently forgot to notify you. As of last Friday every new page contains the author of the material at the bottom of the page so whenever you want to know whether or not your materials have already been added you can check here: Sweden's e-krona pilot | english.best

Please let me know if this makes sense :wink: We are looking forward to your next creations.

PS: The search engine got fixed by our developer @pawel_devstime on Friday too :+1:

2 Likes

Perfect @Torsten thank you, yes; that all makes sense to me, great! Iā€™ll send you the next one later on today.

And yes I did have a good (though very cold) weekend; I hope the same for you?

Thank you @pawel_devstime as well!

2 Likes

Absolutely. For the past couple of years I drive a truck from one place to another. Last weekend I first went to Hamburg by train where I fetched the truck and drove it Harderwijk in The Netherlands from where I went back to Leipzig by train. How did you spend your weekend on your little island that doesnā€™t want to be part of the EU any longer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

2 Likes