Computer or books

Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for students or books for the library. Which should your school choose to buy —computers or books? Use specific reasons and examples to support your recommendation.

Computer has become important for daytoday life. In schools computer knowledge should be basic subject for students. We can see, in every field of life computer has become part. For example, in medicale area computer is used for monitoring the datas, recording histroy of patients and in different ways.
In my view school has to purchase computer rather than books. Beacuse of following reasons.

Firstly, computer has become more important in life. Sudents should learn computer. Computer knowledge will help sudents in future life. If they want to submite their assignments or work with subjects in further studies they have to know computer. Knowlegde of computer will help them in work field. Any field of work need bacis computer knowledge. Person who know computer will get preference in any work.

Secondly, book contains limited information about subject. In computer, sudents can refer different books through internet. They can interact with other students in different city in instance to discusse or clear out the doughts. By refering different books through online will help students to gain more knowledge. By reading books, sudents can learn subject limited to book information. If the student refer same information in internet as given in book, he will get more information.

Finaly, computer knowledge will make sudents fast. For example, sudent have assignment for which he has to refer different books and write it down in paper and submite it to teacher. If he refer different books through online and write it down in computer then take the print out of assignmnet or email the assignmnet directly to teacher will be faster and accurate. Computer has different software where text editing can be done, modify the text formate and everything which make text easy to read, as if we write in parper in differnt formate and stying the text will take more time and it may contain mistakes. Computer is easer to use and faster.

Conclusion, computer has lot of advantages compare to disadvantages. It has become important part of daytoday life. Learning computer is important for students. School should buy computers for students.

TOEFL listening discussions: Two roommates talking about fraternities

Computer has become AN important TECHNOLOGY for day to day life. In schools computer knowledge should be basic subject for students. We can see, in every field of life computer has become part in every field of life. For example, in medicale area FIELD computer is used for monitoring the datas, recording HISTORY of patients and in different ways. In my view school has to SHOULD purchase computerS rather than books. Because DUE of following reasons.

Firstly, computers has become more VERY important in life. STudents should learn computer STUDIES. Computer knowledge will help sTudents in future life. If they want to submite their assignments or work with subjects in further studies they have to know BE computer LITERATE. KNOWLEDGE of computers will help them in THEIR DESIRED work field. THESE DAYS Any field of work ALMOST ALL FIELDS REQUIRE need baSIC computer knowledge. Person who know IS A computer LITERATE will get preference in any work ATTAING A JOB.

Secondly, bookS contains limited information about VARIOUS subjectS. In BY USING A computer, sTudents can refer TO different ONLINE E- books through VIA internet. They can interact with other students in different cityIES in FOR instance to discusse or clear out the doughts DOUBTS. By referring TO different books through online will help students to CAN gain more knowledge. By reading A book, A sTudents can ONLY learn ABOUT A PARTICULAR A SUBJECT WITH subject limited to book information. If the student refers TO same information TOPIC On internet as given MENTIONED in book, he will get more information.

FinalLy, WITH BASIC computer knowledge will make LEARN sTudents WILL LEARN fastER. For example, IF A sTudent haS assignment for which he has to refer TO different books and write it down ON paper and submite it to HIS teacher. If he referS different books through online,TYPE IT then take the print out of assignmnet or email the assignmnet directly to teacher HE will be GET HIS WORK DONE faster and MORE accurateLY. Computer has different softwareS where text editing can be done, modify the text formate and everything which CAN make text easy to read, as. if we write On parper in differEnt formateS and THEN stUDying the text will take more time and it may contain mistakes . Computer is easer to use and MAKES WORK faster.

Conclusion, computer has lot of advantages compareD to IT disadvantages. It has become important part of OUR day to day life. Learning computer is important for students. THUS School should buy computers for students.

4/10
Oh God I need Coffee!!!
Sreedevige please read more often. Underline difficult words. Take a Spelling Test. Use a dictionary. Recheck your work before submitting!

You guys have wrongly ommitted a score of acricles.
First and foremost, I have sighted this error: it’s THE computer (seeing as this word occures in many places throughout the text, I saw it fit to bring this to your attention).
There are many more similar ommissions (AN assignment, AN important part, THE Internet, etc.).

Also, it’s “due to” or “because of” and “IN conclusion”.

The text could use some spellchecking, as almost every second word is misspelled.

Anyway, a native speaker should run their eye over the text and hand down a final verdict.

I understand that you are trying to help, Katty, but why grade it 4 out of 10? That can be rather disheartening, don’t you think? Talking about exigence!

Be my guest Cristina.ro and kindly check the above essay yourself and then grade whole heartedly :)! Consider it a challange from me. Awaiting your reply! :smiley:

It’s a pity Kitos is on leave - he used to lavish good grades on us :slight_smile:

Honestly, I don’t think my English is good enough so I can go around correcting people’s work.
I was just saying that you probably should not grade these essays at all; just make whatever corrections you
see fit and maybe give a piece of advice.

What are ‘acricles’, Tort? :slight_smile:

acricles: angry, bitter particles. ;D

Hehe.
I guess it’s shame on me, I should’ve written “articles”. ))

I think Cristina realises that, Tort. (So did I - and my definition is made up so I hope no one takes it seriously.)

By giving 4/10 I did not mean to discourage him or her in any way. I was just trying to make this person realize that he/she needs to work hard miss Cristina. Talk about making hasty judgements ;)!
If you check my other essay corrections you wont see grades.
But I would like to declare I am retiring even though I am just 21 year old. Since I have to study too and learning computer programming codes is not a piece of cake. So kudos to all!
Thanks Beesnees and Tort for pointing out articles or acricles in case of Tort :P!

I thought ‘acricles’ were some sort of acrid (as the name indicates), slippery little things (which is the reason why these mistakes cannot be caught easily). Close enough, then. :slight_smile:

Thank goodness, my English is good enough for that, Bee. :slight_smile:

Close but no cigar!
The way I intended it from the onset:

acricle: [origin: acrimony + particle, circa 2011] - n. acrimonious particles.
Lol.

It’s only a matter of time before this word will make it into the world’s major dictionaries (I’m thinking Webster’s). Hope I will go down in history as a wordsmith, like Eminem.