Compare and contrast your way of life with that of your parents

Topic:“Compare and contrast your way of life with that of your parents. Which way of life would you think is satisfying to future generation?”

It is clear that between each two generations there are a lot of differences. Every generation lives in different situation. We cannot treat just like our parents because our society is changing. In past, culture difference between parents and children was fewer, but with advent of technology a deep crack revealed between us.
First obvious difference is that my generation has grown up with Internet, satellite and technology. In comparison with my parents, I tend to be hastier. My generation has learnt to be in hurry, and I think is not good at all. It is true that technology has made our lives easier, but we cannot do every work rapidly. I praise my parents’ patience in comparison with myself. Furthermore, I think former generations have been more inventors. Unfortunately nowadays, I only see that people copy each other idea, and it seems they cannot invent anything from scratch.

Second, I can see how much former generation is religious. They try to do everything base on their religious believes. I cannot see the point of this trend! Fortunately, I can see that my peers try to be more reasonable instead of religious. If we look at history, most wars originate from religious prejudice.

Another thing that I like in former generation is that they respect their traditions. I can see how technology is breaking the culture borders. For example, many languages extinct from the earth. I cannot imagine world with unit culture. It will be mountainous.

Eventually, it is impossible for me to say which way of life is better for future. I prefer to select a way between now and past. The life style, that exploits technology and its benefits, but does not destroy beautiful things that is inherited from far past. By the way, this is next generation that should select, how they will live, not us.

your sincerely
Reza

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the purpose of this meeting?

Topic:“Compare and contrast your way of life with that of your parents. Which way of life would you think is satisfying to future generation?”

It is clear that between each two generations there are a lot of differences. Every generation lives in a different situation. We cannot treat just like our parents because our society is changing. In THE past culturAL difference between parents and children WERE fewer, but with THE advent of technology a deep crack /revealed/DEVELOPED/ between us.
THE first obvious difference is that my generation has grown up with THE Internet, satelliteS and technology. In comparison with my parents, I tend to be hastier. My generation has learnt to be in A hurry, and I think IT is not good at all. It is true that technology has made our lives easier, but we cannot do every JOB rapidly. I praise my parents’ patience in comparison with myself. Furthermore, I think former generations have been more inventors. Unfortunately nowadays, I only see that people copy each otherS ideaS, and it seems they cannot invent anything from scratch.

Second, I can see how much former THE generation WAS religious. They TRIED to do everything baseD on their religious belieFS. I cannot see the point of this trend! Fortunately, I can see that my peers try to be more reasonable instead of religious. If we look at history, most wars originate from religious prejudice.

Another thing that I like in former generation is that they respect their traditions. I can see how technology is breaking the culturAL borders. For example, many languages ARE TODAY extinct from the earth. I cannot imagine A world with unit culture. It will be mountainous.

Eventually, it is impossible for me to say which way of life is better for future. I prefer to select a way between TODAY AND THE PAST. The life style that exploits technology and its benefits, but does not destroy beautiful things that is inherited from far past. By the way, this is THE next generation AND THEY, NOT WE, should select how they will live.

Good evening Reza. I cannot tell you how much I am impressed with your progress in such a short period. Well done. You have obviously been reading and learning. Believe me, it gets easier the more you read.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thanks my dear friend and teacher. Yes, you were right. A good writing need a treasury of vocabulary. A the moment I think, I should notice more to use of articles and some some grammar structures. By the way, I owe you. :slight_smile: