comma

Hey guys,

Could you help me?

1. Question: I dont know where to put the commas in the following sentence(s).

2. Question: Which sentence structure would you use?

The article “The Ecology of War” by Mike Tomson published on the 19th March of 2013 in “The Age” discusses how the country of Lebanon is faced with a devastated ecological system.

The article “The Ecology of War” published on the 19th March of 2013 in “The Age” by Mike Tomson discusses how the country of Lebanon is faced with a devastated ecological system.

Thanks for your help!

[color=red]The article “The Ecology of War” by Mike Tomson published on the 19th March of 2013 in “The Age” discusses how the country of Lebanon is faced with a devastated ecological system.

…is the better structure, since we do not have any previous or subsequent sentence indicating that the date of publication concerning a devastated ecological system is more important, as in:

[color=red]The article “The Ecology of War” published on the 19th March of 2013 in “The Age” by Mike Tomson discusses how the country of Lebanon is faced with a devastated ecological system. Yet only weeks before, on 28th February, the World Wildlife Foundation issued its findings, and reported that…(((the ecology of the country was doing fine))).

As for punctuation, this depends on which side of the Atlantic you live, and who your publisher is!
This is my suggestion:
[color=indigo]The article, “The Ecology of War” by Mike Tomson, published on the 19th March, 2013 in “The Age”, discusses how the country of Lebanon is faced with a devastated ecological system.

Others will have a different opinion.